Author Topic: bug 3.1  (Read 6276 times)

Andy

• View Profile
bug 3.1
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:07:01 AM »
Corey I think I found a bug. When adding players to a tournament using the find option, it only takes the last player chosen. In 2.5 you could search and select as many as you wanted and they where all added to the tournament.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: bug 3.1
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:00:54 AM »
When you press OK, only those players currently visible that are checked are added.  If you check a few players, then search and your search yields only one result, then you check that player and press OK, only that player will be bought in.  Press the "Reset" button on the Find panel to make sure all of the players you wish to add are listed again, then press OK.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:04:34 AM »
FYI, this was intentionally done this way because I figured it would be more intuitive (fairly certain there are some other topics regarding this and/or I've got some email about it).  It's starting to feel like this was wrong.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »
FYI, this was intentionally done this way because I figured it would be more intuitive (fairly certain there are some other topics regarding this and/or I've got some email about it).  It's starting to feel like this was wrong.

I dont remember exactly where, but I remember seeing a post (or being the one to post) about it myself.... think back in b3-b5 area....
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 02:06:08 PM »
I posted about that a few months ago...

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
I do also think that previous option to check as many players for buy in is much better than this current. If could be done through next update then that will be very nice and much easier to select multi buy ins.
My opinion.

Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 06:11:42 AM »
I understand. But I think the previous version was better. I'll get used to it.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »
I do also think that previous option to check as many players for buy in is much better than this current. If could be done through next update then that will be very nice and much easier to select multi buy ins.
My opinion.

I believe that if you search for players, check the box, clear the search, then check more players, that everyone would be registered.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »
The player dialogs all work the same, in that only the currently visible and checked players are acted upon.  So if you have your entire database of players listed, check everyone, then search for "a" and the search results in only one player listed, then press OK only that one player will be acted on (bought-in, rebought, whatever is happening).

While this certainly does not count as a complete sample, all of the feedback on this thus far has been negative, so I think I'll have to return it to the previous behavior.  Or I'll add a preference to toggle it.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »
Honestly, I think a toggle would be better. I've gotten used to the way it is now, and although I didn't like it at first, the way that you explained it to me (way back when) made sense. I know I'm in the minority, but I do kinda like it this way a bit better.
---

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 08:09:26 AM »
If someone get used to click many times, which is   ???  then toggle will be the best.