Author Topic: Run 2 SnG's in same event?  (Read 2017 times)

kook

• View Profile
Run 2 SnG's in same event?
« on: August 09, 2008, 03:34:02 PM »
Is it possible to use TD to monitor 2 seperate SnG's at the same time?

Essentially I would be doing something like using TD to randomise seating across 2 tables for 18 players then play each table as its own individual SnG. Both games would follow the same blind timings and structure, but players would not be balanced across the tables as players would be bust out. In the end there will be 2 winners, one from each table and I'd like to know if I can get TD to record all the stats etc and also assign the various prizes to each of the winners (according to the table they were seated at).

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

:)

verbalvolley

• View Profile
Re: Run 2 SnG's in same event?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 03:43:41 PM »
As I understand it you would need two computers to run this as TD wouldnt be able to sort two tournaments which in effect thats what your asking to do.

kook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 05:42:04 AM »
Is there a way to tell TD that the toournament has finished, even when there is 2 players left?

I have been able to set up 2 separate tables within the same tournament. I buy in the players and TD randomises seating across these tables. I configure the game so that tables are NOT balanced automatically and I can play the game through so that there remains only one player left on each table but then I want to end the tournament so that I can assign 1st & 2nd prizes manually to the players who finished 1st & 2nd on each of the two tables (prize is monetary + points).

If I can get TD to recognise the tournament is over and I can assign prizes manually then hopefully TD will happily record the stats and I can maintain a league table across the season?

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:56:41 AM »
one thing you could do, once you get to 2 people, make sure you save the tournament, and then open or start a new tournament. At some later point, you can come back, start up the saved first tournament and take out the last person and viola, tournament finished and all stats collected

I just re-read your post and thats not what you are asking. I'm not sure of an easy way to do it. You could manually assign points. Or you could run another touranement just with the one table and take out people in order... that would only take a couple of minutes. You would have to delete those players from the original tournament as well so they don't get double points
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 10:00:28 AM by Phaze »

verbalvolley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 11:39:47 AM »
Hi again,
You can of course bust two people out at the same time, and as long as there is a prize you will get the "chop" screen right after the move seat dialouge box.
So say you have 16 players and all the 8 players from each table get points, make the prizes goto 16 just share the points from 15-16, 13-14...etc. Then if Bob from Table A busts out just wait till a player from Table B gets knocked out press x and bust them both out they will then share any points and prize money allocated for there 2 places.

More info on chops found in the TD HELP MANUAL

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 12:30:15 PM »
Chop is the way to go.  You can also manually initiate a chop without busting the players out (but this ultimately busts all remaining players out, with no hitman).  By default, Ctrl+C will initiate a chop.

kook

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 05:10:06 PM »
thanks guys - chopping is def the answer. Allocating the prizes on the night takes a bit of effort, but the season stats are recorded and accumulated, so thats the important thing.

Thanks for all your advice and help.

:D