Author Topic: Seating/Buy-In Suggestion  (Read 2634 times)

$lick_ghost

• View Profile
Seating/Buy-In Suggestion
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:54:37 AM »
Not positive if this has been suggested before (if it has, my bad) but....

It's a pain to have to 'buy in' players in order to seat them. I know you can adjust the 'paid in full' checkbox after they've paid, etc.... but going back to every screen is somewhat of an annoyance.

I like to have the seats all set up in advance before players get there (I usually have about 20 guys) with index cards marking where they'll be sitting. This saves time and confusion and allows the tournament to start ASAP.

Also, modifying the 'buy-ins' in case someone cancels, and then removing them from their seat, just a pain.

I'd like to be able to 'seat players', every one of them ahead of time WITHOUT buying them in, and then when they show up, check off if they've bought in or not, and if not, THEN I can manually remove them from their seats.

Lately I've been buying in all the players ahead of time, seating them, and when people show up, I just count the cash then compare it to the buyins and make sure we're all square. No biggie, but avoidable...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Seating/Buy-In Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 11:02:56 AM »
The various player dialogs, such as "Set Players Paid in Full", "Buy-in Players", "Undo Player Buy-ins", can all be invoked with hotkeys.  So I usually recommend this:

Buy-in everyone who you THINK will be attending, and seat them.  After that, you can remain on the tournament page, or the seating chart page, if that's helpful.  When players pay you, bring up the "Set Players Paid in Full" dialog and mark them paid.

After everyone who is going to show up does so and pays, bring up the "Undo Player Buy-ins" dialog.  Click the "check not Paid in Full" link at the bottom, and everyone who hasn't been marked Paid in Full will be checked.  Then click OK.  This removes the buy-in for those players that haven't actually paid, and unseats them (there is no separate step for unseating the player - a player can't be seated if they haven't bought-in, so undoing their buy-in does both).

Finally, press Ctrl+T to balance the tables.  Tables *might* be out of balance if enough players didn't show.

No need to jump back and forth between screens.  If you didn't modify "buy-ins" because someone didn't show, you'd still have to unseat players who didn't show.  It's six of one, half-dozen of the other.