Author Topic: 2nd place chop  (Read 1159 times)

Madda

• View Profile
2nd place chop
« on: January 07, 2019, 06:04:14 PM »
Is it possible when making a chop between 2 plays that they are ranked both 2nd or three players both 3rd???

I am having to chop points manually which I dont mind doing however we have a end of league final game where an outright winner receives bonus chips on their starting stack and currently a chop puts all them players involved as first

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd place chop
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 09:39:14 PM »
You get to decide the ranking when chopping players.  On the "Edit Prize Chop" dialog, on the right side you'll see "Ranking" with two columns "Relative" and "Actual".  The "Actual" column shows what rank the player will actually receive.  In the "Relative" column you put in numbers (any numbers) to order the players and thus derive their rank.

By default, the Relative column will have zeros in every row.  This means every player has the same relative rank, and thus will end up with the same actual rank.  So let's say your last 3 players decide to chop.  By default they will each rank 1st place.  If you give one of the players a Relative rank of 1 (or 2 or any number greater than 0), he/she will rank 3rd, while the other two will remain at 1st.  Basically, you are putting the players in an order, with "ties" allowed.  The software will provide the actual rank.  Try it out, putting different values into the Relative columns.  The numbers themselves don't matter, just the numeric order they create.

Madda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:40:23 AM »
Cheers Corey

This is pretty much what I expected to do and works if I want to give players 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc However when two heads up players do a chop I want to give them both 2nd place and if I put 2 in both relative the actual becomes 1st on both the edit prize chop dialog and final players tab.

I believe this only happens if there is no 1st place player. If its not possible I can sort out a external work around but was just hoping to have the software handle it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:58:12 AM »
That's just how ranking works.  The last two people in a tournament will rank, in normal circumstances, 1st and 2nd.  If they tie, they tie for 1st, not for 2nd.

I do understand however that different people run their tournaments differently.  That's one of the main drivers behind making the application as configurable as possible.  But I don't think I provided a way to manually manipulate ranks in this way.  Sorry.

Madda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 08:52:06 AM »
Its no problem I understand this. Its only due to awarding extra chips in final game for outright wins thats all.

I can sort a way of doing this externally so no worries

Cheers though