Author Topic: 2.6 Status  (Read 5349 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2.6 Status
« on: December 17, 2010, 04:19:24 PM »
It's been a while since I've given an update, so I thought I'd let everyone know where it's currently sitting.

Basically, everything is done except for the user manual.  I did end up adding a few more things than I wanted to between beta 4 and now.  Sometimes I just can't help myself.  Since the final changes.txt file will have a list of all changes in 2.6, with the items I changed after beta 4 mixed in and some merged with other items, I've listed them below.

I'm debating whether or not to release the software without updating the user manual.  I haven't done that before, and the OCD in me is holding me back, but I really want to get this out.  We'll see...

New Features:
  • Changed add-on and rebuy dialogs to allow selection of players who are considered ineligible (to override their ineligibility)
  • Added preference for how to handle layouts that are saved with tournaments (always load, ask, never load)
  • Added preference to allow saving layouts with tournaments
  • Added Pot/PrizePool item to the Dashboard
  • Added link on Help tab to open user manual in Internet Explorer
  • Added "hint" text to various fields on the Game tab
  • Removed the "Common Sources" option from Stats Filter (to make configuration easier)
  • Removed the "This folder is in my data store" option from Stats Filter (again, to make configuration easier)
  • Added ability to start a countdown at any time (tournament does not need to be "ready")
  • Added a warning when loading a Rounds template if it will cause the round to change
  • Added ability to double-click on Level column on Rounds tab in Spreadsheet mode to edit the level
  • Added Apply button to the Name Format dialog
  • Added context-menu option to enable/disable the Dashboard (you no longer have to go to the Preferences tab to turn the Dashboard on or off)
  • Added more options to the <roundbeforenextbreak> layout token

Bugs Fixed:
  • (2.5.11) When editing a player, if changes are made to the player's history, chops aren't modified (or created) properly, players aren't unseated (if changes result in the player no longer being in the tournament), player list (on Players tab) isn't always updated properly
  • (2.5.11) When performing a manual chop, ranks are listed as 0 (instead of 1st)
  • (2.5.11) Chops dialog doesn't resize properly
  • (2.5.11) Rebuying players into a tournament that is currently ended does not initiate a table balance
  • (2.6.b3) Delete Database Players dialog, changing league causes improper dialog resizing
  • (2.5.11) Print dialog doesn't delete temporary files
  • (2.6.a1) Various context-menu items on the Game Player Dialog (History section) do not work
  • (2.6.b3) Applying Screen Properties when there are no screens defined throws exception
  • (2.6.a1) Delete Hotkey dialog displays hotkey incorrectly
  • (2.5.11) Ctrl+F and Ctrl+P don't work on Help tab unless those key combos are assigned to hotkeys on the Hotkeys tab
  • (2.6.a1) Error if parsing a malformed layout token
  • (2.5.11) If the countdown ends while on the Rounds tab, the current level indicator doesn't appear
  • (2.5.11) Closing the Settings dialog using a hotkey (ESC) does not save the last change to rounds schedule if in Spreadsheet mode
  • (2.6.a1): Right-clicking on a disabled input throws an exception
  • (2.6.b4): <roundbeforenextbreak> token returns "-1" when no more breaks in schedule

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: 2.6 Status
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »
Woohoo! Sure looks like you're ever so close to the final release of 2.6!  Sure has been quite the year, I'd say.  Heck, a year ago I didn't even know about TD, but now I can't imagine how I got along without it ;D

It's been great to test out the beta, and look forward to testing future versions  :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 06:28:15 PM »
agreed, sterling effort Corey, 2.6b4 is a breeze and a fantastic piece of software. Looking forward to the full release.

Regards
Stu
Stuart Murray

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 09:07:43 PM »
We are like junkies,give us full version ASAP!  :D
Nice work!

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 07:04:51 AM »
Software now...docs later!
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Smokin420s

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »
need more software more software!!! woooot nice. when is the new verison of windows 3.11 coming out again???

Jaxen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:13:41 PM »
Corey, a platter on my laptop hard drive went kaput and I lost TD, among other things (at least I had the sense to backup my ID and license key on my desktop) ... anyway, I'm not running another tourney until early Feb. Is 2.6 coming out before then? I ask because I'd rather put 2.6 on than 2.5.11 because of the change to independant layouts, but I want to have some time before the next event to rebuild my database of players and tournament files (Yikes, just realized I lost all my cool sounds!)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 10:06:16 AM »
The idea was to have it out ASAP now that it's finished.  Unfortunately I stumbled across something last night that, after giving it some serious thought, believe has to be added to 2.6 before it goes out.  So, at this point the plan is to finish this final part and release it with an unfinished user manual.  Then I'll release a 2.6.1 (probably) with an updated user manual.  Will it go before February?  Man I hope so.  I hope I can get some time over the holidays to finish this last part and release it this year.

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »
2.6 in this year and start a new year with s strong and complete 2.6.1,this will be a nice gift for holidays!!!  ;D

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 12:28:19 PM »
2.6 in this year and start a new year with s strong and complete 2.6.1,this will be a nice gift for holidays!!!  ;D

I second that! ;)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Smokin420s

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 05:21:59 PM »
can we get a a hotkey command for the new prizes button.

enable more hotkey commands..... more keyssss more keyssss.. I get lost without those keysssss!!!!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 09:03:13 PM »

enable more hotkey commands..... more keyssss more keyssss.. I get lost without those keysssss!!!!!

Last night was a late night ... and I don't do late nights very often anymore, so forgive me but, the new prizes button?

Oh wait, reading that out loud now, you don't mean a button new to 2.6, but rather the "New Prize" button?  Is that right?

Smokin420s

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 12:12:27 PM »

Last night was a late night ... and I don't do late nights very often anymore, so forgive me but, the new prizes button?

Oh wait, reading that out loud now, you don't mean a button new to 2.6, but rather the "New Prize" button?  Is that right?

yeah me on late night. i seem to babble what im thinking without rockstar and hot pockets.

here at encoreclub. we all basically work off the tables tab. we add a on the bubble prize alot. we need a hotkey so we can add a new prize.

i found a bugger.

we figured out that when you use the right click "quick buy-in" in the players tab.

if there is a value in "bounty chip cost" even though the "use player bounty chips" checkbox value = false. td will still add both values of the buyin and bounty cost.

can you add a rclick "quick buy" to the "unseated players section" on the tables tab?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:13:20 PM by Smokin420s »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
here at encoreclub. we all basically work off the tables tab. we add a on the bubble prize alot. we need a hotkey so we can add a new prize.

I'll put something down for 2.6.1.

i found a bugger.

we figured out that when you use the right click "quick buy-in" in the players tab.

if there is a value in "bounty chip cost" even though the "use player bounty chips" checkbox value = false. td will still add both values of the buyin and bounty cost.

Yes you did.  This also happened in 2.5.11, I just discovered.  Fixed for 2.6 final.

can you add a rclick "quick buy" to the "unseated players section" on the tables tab?

Yes, and also added for 2.6 (but only because it was about 30 seconds of work  :)).