Author Topic: New Vista Computer- Evaluation expired?  (Read 1852 times)

mattyo

• View Profile
New Vista Computer- Evaluation expired?
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:41:57 AM »
I recently unpacked my new computer pre-insatlled with Windows Vista.  On a tip from a friend, I downloaded and intalled TD2.2.2 for an upcoming poker party.  I installed and ran the program one time, entering names and email addressed of 25 players.  When I tried to run the program again the same day after lunch, it gave me a message that my 30 day trial had expired.  I HAVEN'T EVEN OWNED THE COMPUTER FOR A WEEK!!!  How could my 30 day trial period be over within 6 hours?  HELP!!!!!
BTW, I'm tempted to just buy the licence without even trying it out, since my friend speaks so highly of it.  But since I've had such troubles even trying it out on the first day, I'm a little gun-shy.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Vista Computer- Evaluation expired?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:47:36 PM »
Did you happen to change the time on your computer?  That can sometimes trigger a premature end to the evaluation period.  Other than that, I cannot say why it would end, unless something is blocking the application's access to the registry.  If it cannot access the registry to look for license keys/registration information, it will default to an expired evaluation copy.

energy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »
At first i have to say that this software is very, very good and helpful. i'm from austria and used it for the first time, and i love it. so, i and my friends will buy a license. While testing the software i had the same problem as written in the first posting. i didn't changed the time or something else. after installing the software, running it for the first time and then restart it, the expire date was reached. if you need some more information i can help.

thank you

energy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 10:35:34 AM »
so, now i have started the programm "as administrator" with a right click on the symbol in the startlist. so may it can access the registry.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 09:44:10 AM »
That's good to know.  I will try this scenario in Vista and add something to the FAQ if this is the case...