Author Topic: Suggested Movement & Locked Players  (Read 1464 times)

efdenny

• View Profile
Suggested Movement & Locked Players
« on: August 02, 2014, 05:00:36 PM »
Hey Corey... for my last two tournaments, I saw this strange behavior in 3.3 -- I have a two table game, and one player at each table locked (the dealers).  During play in both tournaments, after a player was knocked out the rebalancing suggestion was for one of the locked players to move to the other table, even thought that player was marked as locked on the Tables settings screen.  I hit "Don't Move" then clicked "Suggest Movement" and it wanted the same locked player to move.  There didn't seem to be a pattern -- first time was after the 2nd player was knocked out; second time was after the 6th or 7th player was knocked out.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
efdenny

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested Movement & Locked Players
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
This has been reported sporadically over the years, but I've never been able to replicate it.  I just set up a tournament with 16 players, and 2 tables of 10.  Locked someone at table 2 and busted players out of table 1 until the correct balancing action was to move someone from table 2 to table 1.  The TD suggested one of the unlocked players.  I canceled the move and press the Suggest Movement button.  The TD suggested someone else, another unlocked player.  I repeated this over and over until I was pretty sure every player at the table had been suggested for movement several times, except for the locked player.  The TD never suggested he move.

A Locked player is not a guarantee that a player won't be moved.  An obvious scenario is when a table needs to be broken down.  If that table has a locked player, the player's going to be moved.  The TD won't suggest moving a larger group of players from another table that doesn't have any locked players just to avoid moving even one locked player.  There are probably others scenarios, I just can't think of any at the moment.  (I just tried a dealer button scenario, but even then, when the obvious choice for a player to be moved is a locked player, the TD will randomly choose someone else to avoid moving the locked player.)

If you run across this again, I'd love to see it.  Save the tournament and make a copy of that saved tournament file and then continue with the tournament.  Then send that copy to me when you get a chance.  I'll see what I can find.

efdenny

• View Profile
Re: Suggested Movement & Locked Players
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:34:02 AM »
Will do... Friday is my next one, so we'll see if it happens.