Author Topic: Network+multi TD = external multiscreens?  (Read 1933 times)

Manza

• View Profile
Network+multi TD = external multiscreens?
« on: March 26, 2007, 12:10:25 PM »
First, you have a great program Corey!! Thank you!

Maybe a new way of having multiscreen with one main-PC and a satelitt-PC that showing the Clock/tournament screen. You running 2 TD programs, one on each PC, and have an function in the program that direct the satelitt-PC to gather Database/tournament info from the main-PC. Could this work? Then maybe you could work on the TD at the same time as the tournament runs, and the players don't see everything that you working on the TD. (as it is now) Maybe this can work on more than 2 PCs hopefully.       
This will also help when registering players, then you can use 2 PCs to add players to the tournament.
One problem i can think about: how do i start the clock on both PCs at the same time.

I know, this have been discussed before, but I haven't seen the idea i this form in the forum. I do not know much about programming, so please, don't kill me at once. :)

Thanks again
Månz

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
Re: Network+multi TD = external multiscreens?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 07:49:33 AM »
Manza,

I used to run a couple tournament a week that had between 20 and 30 players.  We would use the laptop to buy the players in at the main level of the house. I would have everyone hang out in the living room then about 5 minutes before Shuffle up and Deal I would seat everyone.

Once I did that I would save the Tournament Director File to My Network drive.  Turn Off the Laptop then Go Upstairs and Load the file from the Network and be ready to go.  I don't know if something like this would work for you but with the Hotkeys the only other thing I really had to do was bust and Move.
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.