Author Topic: Sound Problems  (Read 4471 times)

RyGuy

• View Profile
Sound Problems
« on: January 10, 2008, 08:33:58 PM »
This may be on the forum already, but I'm in the middle of a game and don't have time to look.

My game seems to be playing all file types BUT mp3.  It's played them before, in this tourney and others using the same sound events.

Thoughts?

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Sound Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 07:41:17 AM »
I believe TD sounds run off of Window's Media Player. Open up window media player and play a sound or song. Look for the (not so obvious) obvious sources of problems, ie. mute accidentally pressed, volume control turned down (double click on your volume control in the task bar, by the time, and there are multiple volume controls that could be turned down) as well as volume control on windows media, check to see if speakers unplugged, and speakers will be disabled if a set of headphones are plugged in. There is also a volume control on TD in the events tab. Sometimes a computer restart will kickstart the sounds to working...

RyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 09:21:23 AM »
None of the "obvious" problems are present, which I can confirm given that some of my events are playing and others aren't.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 10:19:11 AM »
Phaze is right in that the TD relegates all sound playing to Windows Media Player.  There isn't a whole lot that can be done from the TD side if WMP isn't playing all sounds properly.  All I can really suggest is to try playing the sounds directly with WMP, and if you experience the same issue, play around with WMP to try to solve it.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 08:02:47 PM »
Its kind of a wierd problem... I believe I get it too... sounds that once worked no longer work... I just chalk it up as something out of my control, corrupt file or something or another and then I forget about it and delete it, but I believe you that it does happen

RyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »
I double checked back through WMP today and it turns out there were some corrupt files.  I suppose that's why they wouldn't play.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice, though.

R

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 08:24:04 AM »
were you downloading the songs from some site suggested in this forum? Like some of the movie sound bytes? If so then that's what I was getting too, and since I don't usually have corrupt files I just concluded that it was those files... its wierd though because I checked everyone out and they played before I would download, but I wasn't willing to spend any more time on it

RyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 08:23:41 PM »
were you downloading the songs from some site suggested in this forum? Like some of the movie sound bytes? If so then that's what I was getting too, and since I don't usually have corrupt files I just concluded that it was those files... its wierd though because I checked everyone out and they played before I would download, but I wasn't willing to spend any more time on it

Sorry for the delay but it's been awhile (obviously) since I visited!

The files that proved to be corrupt came from several different sources, but the strange thing is, all had played for SEVERAL games before.  Not sure why or how they suddenly corrupted . .. . but there was a time when they weren't corrupted and played just fine.