Author Topic: Commercial Desirable Items?  (Read 3348 times)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Commercial Desirable Items?
« on: February 06, 2013, 07:08:20 PM »
Just thought I would re-hash, many of the items which may or may not have managed their way onto the to-do list!

Seating Chart List in Alphabetical pages of ~80 players per page, flicking through each page every 5 seconds, the list of columns which scroll was a great addition, but still slows seating during large MTT's a paged view could also flick through the chart and also include on the final page a diagram of the cardroom layout if required.

Flights - for multiple day1 events, register into specific flight and or draw players onto flights randomly, then combine flights for day 2, and or merge tournaments together for the purpose of day 2

The ability to run more than one tournament at a time, this would be a major item to catch up with other commercial softwares, single, double or quadruple clock screens utilising the extended display.

Seating Ticket stubs printable from a receipt printer (name, table, seat number)

Prize receipts printable from the prizes tab including multiple copies (player, cardroom, cage)

Prize tab in spreadsheet view

Addition of a Registration fee for tournament buy-ins eg $10+$1 instead of $11-$1

Additional tokens for receipts including buyin tourney description gametype and limit

Cheers
Stu

Stuart Murray

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Commercial Desirable Items?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »
"Like"

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:45 PM »
Seating Chart List in Alphabetical pages of ~80 players per page, flicking through each page every 5 seconds, the list of columns which scroll was a great addition, but still slows seating during large MTT's a paged view could also flick through the chart and also include on the final page a diagram of the cardroom layout if required.

Certainly doable.  What I've got on my list right now is a way to have different versions of the built-in screens.  Currently you can see a built-in screen by pressing a hotkey, or a context-menu item, or one of the big buttons on the Settings window.  This takes you out of screen rotation and displays only that built-in screen.  You can also add a built-in screen to a Screen Set so that it is included in screen rotation.  But you can only have one "version" of any built-in screen, as the built-in screens have only one set of properties.  I'd like to be able to specify unique properties for the screens when you include them in screen rotation.

While this wouldn't implement your suggestion, it would allow for, say, showing the Seating Chart screen as a list of players and tables/seats, and then showing it again as a table layout diagram.  I'll put your suggestion on my list.

Flights - for multiple day1 events, register into specific flight and or draw players onto flights randomly, then combine flights for day 2, and or merge tournaments together for the purpose of day 2

How is this typically handled?  I assume this is usually done for space limits.  For example, you can accommodate 150 players but you want to have a 200 player tournament, you randomly select 100 players who play on day one.  We assume half will bust out by the end of the day, and you add the remaining players the next day?  Or do you let 100 players play one day, the remaining 100 players play the next day, and then combine for the 3rd day?

The ability to run more than one tournament at a time, this would be a major item to catch up with other commercial softwares, single, double or quadruple clock screens utilising the extended display.

Are you actually running multiple tournaments simultaneously?  Or is it a divide and conquer approach to running a single, large tournament?

Seating Ticket stubs printable from a receipt printer (name, table, seat number)

Don't buy-in receipts suffice?  They can have seating information on them.

Prize receipts printable from the prizes tab including multiple copies (player, cardroom, cage)

That is on my list, but didn't know if there was much demand.  What would be on the receipt?

I see how this benefits the Rounds schedule, but the Prizes are usually a much smaller affair.  Are you working with large prize lists?  Also, some of the restrictions and input types would make this a little more difficult to realize in a spreadsheet type view.

Addition of a Registration fee for tournament buy-ins eg $10+$1 instead of $11-$1

I know, I know.  If only we could turn back time and redo some things.  There is *so much* of the software that is dependent on this that it's difficult to change.  I've been looking into a way to have a preference control this, but if it turns out to be a huge amount of work it is less likely to get done.

Additional tokens for receipts including buyin tourney description gametype and limit

buyin: well, the receipts do have the items and their amounts.  Doesn't this cover it?  I mean, if the receipt is for a rebuy, how would <buyin> be useful?
tourney description: <eventname> is there but I don't see <eventdescription>.  That's really easy to add.
gametype and limit: the TD allows for every round to have a game type and game name.  I could add this, I guess, as the game type and game name from the first round.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 06:46:42 AM »
Quote from: Stuart Murray on February 06, 2013, 07:08:20 PM

Certainly doable.  What I've got on my list right now is a way to have different versions of the built-in screens.  Currently you can see a built-in screen by pressing a hotkey, or a context-menu item, or one of the big buttons on the Settings window.  This takes you out of screen rotation and displays only that built-in screen.  You can also add a built-in screen to a Screen Set so that it is included in screen rotation.  But you can only have one "version" of any built-in screen, as the built-in screens have only one set of properties.  I'd like to be able to specify unique properties for the screens when you include them in screen rotation.

While this wouldn't implement your suggestion, it would allow for, say, showing the Seating Chart screen as a list of players and tables/seats, and then showing it again as a table layout diagram.  I'll put your suggestion on my list.

How is this typically handled?  I assume this is usually done for space limits.  For example, you can accommodate 150 players but you want to have a 200 player tournament, you randomly select 100 players who play on day one.  We assume half will bust out by the end of the day, and you add the remaining players the next day?  Or do you let 100 players play one day, the remaining 100 players play the next day, and then combine for the 3rd day?

Sometimes you will draw flights randomly based on satellite entries, sometimes you will pre-reg into different flights, and the both flights are merged together, the other aspect is players often register into day 1b for example after being eliminated from day 1a, this is where the ability to draw and combine flights and also perhaps merge tournaments together would assist.

Are you actually running multiple tournaments simultaneously?  Or is it a divide and conquer approach to running a single, large tournament?

Divide and conquer approach for a large tournament would be handled by flights, but yes I am often running multiple tournaments at the same time and this therefore requires different PC's or different software to be running each tournament when we are not using cardroommagic.

Don't buy-in receipts suffice?  They can have seating information on them.

no, because we register players, and then do a seating draw after registration closes, I then export the names and seat to excel to print onto tickets, It would be much easier if TD could export this information onto short ticket stubs, printed in order of seat number, seat number on the buy-in receipt is only really of any use when it is known almost exactly how many players will be participating.

That is on my list, but didn't know if there was much demand.  What would be on the receipt?

Prize receipts I use on excel are attached

I see how this benefits the Rounds schedule, but the Prizes are usually a much smaller affair.  Are you working with large prize lists?  Also, some of the restrictions and input types would make this a little more difficult to realize in a spreadsheet type view.

Amount of prizes I am handling in larger events is around 20 places, a spreadsheet view would tie in with the prize receipts also very nicely for when you are creating receipts for prize claiming.

I know, I know.  If only we could turn back time and redo some things.  There is *so much* of the software that is dependent on this that it's difficult to change.  I've been looking into a way to have a preference control this, but if it turns out to be a huge amount of work it is less likely to get done.

buyin: well, the receipts do have the items and their amounts.  Doesn't this cover it?  I mean, if the receipt is for a rebuy, how would <buyin> be useful?
tourney description: <eventname> is there but I don't see <eventdescription>.  That's really easy to add.
gametype and limit: the TD allows for every round to have a game type and game name.  I could add this, I guess, as the game type and game name from the first round.

in the same way I describe on the tournament screen, I could then display Today's Tournament is a £10+£2 Hold'em No Limit on the receipt.
[/tt]
Cheers
Stu
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 06:50:15 AM by Stuart Murray »
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »
Sometimes you will draw flights randomly based on satellite entries, sometimes you will pre-reg into different flights, and the both flights are merged together, the other aspect is players often register into day 1b for example after being eliminated from day 1a, this is where the ability to draw and combine flights and also perhaps merge tournaments together would assist.

OK, I think I get it.  I don't think "merging" tournaments would be the best way to handle this.  Sounds like you would want a tournament setting to organize the tournament into "flights".  This is definitely a "big-ticket" item.  How do you organize the levels?  On day 2, do the blinds start over?  Or is that an option when you start the next flight?  Seems like it's just a multi-day tournament where blinds *might* reset and some players may not be participating on a particular day/flight.

Divide and conquer approach for a large tournament would be handled by flights, but yes I am often running multiple tournaments at the same time and this therefore requires different PC's or different software to be running each tournament when we are not using cardroommagic.

I guess allowing the software to run more than one instance at a time could solve this, too.

no, because we register players, and then do a seating draw after registration closes, I then export the names and seat to excel to print onto tickets, It would be much easier if TD could export this information onto short ticket stubs, printed in order of seat number, seat number on the buy-in receipt is only really of any use when it is known almost exactly how many players will be participating.

So you're just wanting a way to print Seat "tickets" all at once?  How do you distribute them?  Get your players to line up?

Prize receipts I use on excel are attached

Thanks for the sample.  What's the purpose of having 3?  I assume one is for the cage, one the player gets to keep, and ... do you, the host, keep the third as a way to know you've already issued the receipt?

in the same way I describe on the tournament screen, I could then display Today's Tournament is a £10+£2 Hold'em No Limit on the receipt.

I'll be adding those, and standardizing all of these across all exports.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »
With multi day tournaments you can be either playing down to a set amount of players or playing to the end of a specific level, then day continues once the players from the multi flights are merged together (the players that have been eliminated are still part of the entry count for day2) the blinds on day2 would either continue as they were if day1 played to a set level or would be the lowest of the day1s if they were by remaining players

Multi runs of the software at once would be spot on for this as a start, although we would need a way of hiding a display when not needed (for example 1 tourney running and 1 tourney in registration - you wouldn't want the registering our eh to be displayed.

Floor runners go round with the tickets and lay them out at the seats once the seating draw is done (printed out in table and seat number order) then they can be used throughout the tourney to know names of who's in what seat (we don't track this on the software) and when they are eliminated they hand in their seat ticket and seat card.

Copy 1 Player, 2 Cardroom, 3 Player takes to cage to get paid ;-) and cage keeps copy 3

Cheers!!
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 04:24:15 PM »
Copy 1 Player, 2 Cardroom, 3 Player takes to cage to get paid ;-) and cage keeps copy 3

"Cardroom"?  Who keeps that one?