Author Topic: Background Image Blinks  (Read 13666 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Background Image Blinks
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »
Finally, when you say backup, I assume you only need only the templates folder. I'd prefer not to share our saved tournaments and database.

Understood and no problem.  I usually request a backup because it's the easiest way to reproduce someone's "environment".  Having your specific environment greatly increases the chance that I'll be able to reproduce the issue.  But privacy is important to me, too, so no worries if you'd rather not send that data.  Just send the layout and any associated image files (so you should probably use the layout's Export feature, as it will package it all up in a ZIP file for you).

dullgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »
Understood and no problem.  I usually request a backup because it's the easiest way to reproduce someone's "environment".  Having your specific environment greatly increases the chance that I'll be able to reproduce the issue.  But privacy is important to me, too, so no worries if you'd rather not send that data.  Just send the layout and any associated image files (so you should probably use the layout's Export feature, as it will package it all up in a ZIP file for you).

Well, the good news is that I can't recreate the problem. I swear it was happening and I haven't upgraded since it happened. But I can't recreate it. And I've tried every thing I did before. But the error steadfastly refuses to show itself.

Which is, of course, actually good news.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:46:53 PM by dullgeek »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 10:41:35 AM »
Yay.  :)

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »
Only from a break to a non-break level?  Blink sounds like an issue.  Fade sounds like a transition.  Two new transitions were added in 3.2.b4: Fade to black and fade to white.  See if it's an issue with one of those.  Go to the Preferences tab, select the Screen Transitions section, then turn off (uncheck) all transitions except for one of the Fade to ... transitions.  Then see what happens when the screen changes.

Hey Corey I finally had sometime to play with this, it seems it was only doing it when going from a Round to a Break and I checked the Transitions setting and the two new transiions were checked by default. Once I uncheck the new transitions (Fade To Black & Fade To White) the problem went away.

I have a chariety tourney tomorrow so I will let you know if any problems come up.

Thanks,

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
OK, that's good to know.  Thanks for updating the thread.  Unfortunately IE is (obviously) not very consistent with the transition animation.  I'm glad I made it optional.  :)