Author Topic: Event help  (Read 2414 times)

masterpellum

• View Profile
Event help
« on: August 25, 2012, 10:38:40 AM »
I want to play two sounds, one right after the other when my tournament starts, is this possible?

Thanks

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Event help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
In version 3 it is.

Create a event, with The Tournament Starts as the trigger, play your first sound file.

Create a second event as follows:
Trigger: The Clock Ticks
Conditions: (isRound) and (state = 2) and (roundNum = 1) and (secondsElapsed = 5)
Actions: play second sound

Edit the secondsElapsed to suit your sound file duration, you can also have your first event using the second event formula with for example secondsElapsed = 2

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

masterpellum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 11:07:05 AM »
So it wont work in version 2?

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 11:33:20 AM »
secondsElapsed was added in one of the 2.6 Beta Versions, so no, the last full version of TD2 was 2.5.11 (From memory)

Version 2 you could use:

Create a event, with The Tournament Starts as the trigger, play your first sound file.

Create a second event as follows:
Trigger: The Clock Ticks
Conditions: (isRound) and (state = 2) and (roundNum = 1) and (secondsLeft = 890)

That would give the same result, but your first round would have to be the same duration each time, for example if on one occasion you decided to go for 30 minute levels it would still fire with 890 seconds left in the first round.

SecondsLeft = minutes in level (say 15) X 60 - the seconds into the level you want it to fire, so for a 15 minute level with the event firing after 10 seconds it would be 15 x 60 = 900 - 10 = 890 seconds.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 02:58:06 PM »
Having one sound play right after another is an iffy proposition, regardless of the TD software version.  You have to tailor the events to play at specific times based on not only when you want them to play, but how long the sound files are.  The TD software passes the job of actually playing the audio file off to embedded copies of Windows Media Player.  It [the TD] does not concern itself with how to play the sound, what format it is, how long the sound is, etc.

In my opinion, the best way to play two sounds back-to-back is to use an audio editor to create a new audio file of the two files concatenated together.  Makes configuring the TD much easier and more reliable.

There are numerous free tools for doing this.  I don't do much audio file editing, so I'm only familiar with one: Audacity

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/