Author Topic: Help need with setup.  (Read 2844 times)

chicoelnino

• View Profile
Help need with setup.
« on: November 14, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »
Have just downloaded TD and have to say its exactly what I need to help run my poker company.

However, apart from the basic set up...its complicated when it comes to the formulas's etc.

I've a few questions....

1. I run two leagues, one on Tuesday's and the other on Thursdays. I award points for the top 10 finishers each night. Points are as follows: 1st: 15, 2nd: 12, 3rd:10 4th: 7, 5th:6, 6th: 5, 7th: 4, 8th:3, 9th:2, 10th:1

How do I go about setting this up? I have no Idea when it comes to the formulas. I've read the manual...just not that savvy with stuff like that.

2. Player statistics....I want to get all the stats possible like number of top three finishes, number of final tables, most wins etc for each player. How do I go about doing that?

3. Also I run other tournaments, which I intend to belong to the same season...but they will not have any league points. Will it be possible to combine the player stats for the league nights along with the non league tournaments so that come the end of the year...like end of 2010...i'll be able to see the combined player stats?

I've been running my poker leagues manually for the past 4 years and have done all the stats manually, so this program would be a huge help to my business.

Thanks

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:33:18 PM by chicoelnino »

chicoelnino

• View Profile
Re: Help need with setup.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:28:22 AM »
Anyone???  ???

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:57:58 AM »
Here's a formula for your points:

switch(r, 1, 15, 2, 12, 3, 10, 4, 7, 5, 6, 6, 5, 7, 4, 8, 3, 9, 2, 10, 1)

To collect stats, you just need to save each tournament, then use the Stats tab to compute them.  The number of final tables is computed for you, as well as the number of 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place finishes.

For your "non-league points" tournaments, I guess you can just not assign a Points for Playing formula for that tournament.  They'll still be included in the stats, but obviously players won't be awarded points for those tournaments.  There are other ways to do this if you have more detailed requirements.

chicoelnino

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
Thanks Corey thats what I was looking for.

I run two weekly leagues in which I have the top ten receiving points like you have shown me. Also I run fundraising tournaments, and other "Non-league" games...which I would still like all the stats recorded. I presume all I would have to do there is create a "Fundraising" and "other tournaments" league and make sure to keep them under the current season??? That way...there will be no points awarded for final tables but yet the number of final tables etc... will be recorded for each player?

Also, I understand that the Final table is whatever the maximum number per table when starting out? For example....my round tables I use in pubs can seat 8 players comfortably. I then use the bigger 10 seater tables for my final table. However, the TD see's the final table forming only when the numbers go down to 10. So for assiging final table seats to my players...this is'nt possible unless I do it manually and not using TD to do it. Any way around this for me?

Thanks for a wonderful program by the way.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 03:07:19 PM »
I presume all I would have to do there is create a "Fundraising" and "other tournaments" league and make sure to keep them under the current season??? That way...there will be no points awarded for final tables but yet the number of final tables etc... will be recorded for each player?

There are several ways to do this, but I would recommend setting up 2 leagues as you mentioned.  You can create a Filter on the Stats tab to only include tournaments from a particular league.

The thing to remember is that the software doesn't really accumulate statistics, technically.  What happens when you run stats is it examines each saved tournament, determines based on the filter whether or not you want to include the tournament in your stats, then computes stats from those tournaments that "passed" the filter.

Also, I understand that the Final table is whatever the maximum number per table when starting out? For example....my round tables I use in pubs can seat 8 players comfortably. I then use the bigger 10 seater tables for my final table. However, the TD see's the final table forming only when the numbers go down to 10. So for assiging final table seats to my players...this is'nt possible unless I do it manually and not using TD to do it. Any way around this for me?

Seating is dynamic - you can let the software move players, and you can also move any player at any time, as well as unseat the entire tournament, rearrange players, randomize, etc - so the software doesn't keep track of where each player has been, only where they are currently seated.  Thus it really cannot tell who was at the final table.  For the purposes of formulas and stats, the software says that a player was at the final table if they ranked low enough to have sat at the largest configured table.  Thus, if you have tables of 8 seats and at least one table of 10 seats, anyone who ranked 10th or better was "at the final table".  If your final table was actually an 8-seat table, you can instantly change the formula/stats computation by deleting the 10-seat table, or removing 2 seats from it, saving the tournament, and re-running stats.

For the purpose of having the software automatically move players to the final table, you can decide yourself which table is the final table by using the "Collapse Order" button on the Tables tab, and designating the final table (by placing it in the list of tables to be collapsed last).

I wasn't sure what you were asking in your last question, so I hope I covered it with one of those.

chicoelnino

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »
Its my fault for not explaining properly. I'll try again.

Basically, I have 8 seater tables that I use in my tournaments up until the final table...in which case I change to the 10 seater table. TD only recognises the final table as when the number reaches the number that was set in the Tables tab on the program....in this example 8. So therefore it does not know to readjust itself when the tournament gets down to the last 10 players...it only suggests players move to two tables of 5???

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 09:09:35 AM »
TD only recognises the final table as when the number reaches the number that was set in the Tables tab on the program....in this example 8.

What number is this?  Where are you setting this number?

chicoelnino

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 05:54:24 PM »
Add new table...then enter the number to seat at it(in my case 8) as thats the max that my tables can hold. Then when I get down to final table I have a ten seater table. But TD automatically thinks that the final table is formed when the players left reaches 8...so it does not adjust seating automatically.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »
Add New Table -> enter the number of seats at the table, not necessarily how many players to seat at the table.

Forgive me for not quite understanding what it is you are asking... It sounds like in your tournament you use only tables of 8 seats, but once you get down to 10 players you want to switch to a table of 10 seats.  Is that right?  In other words, you have this 10-seater table that doesn't get used until the final table.  Until then everyone sits at tables that only seat 8 players.  Right?

chicoelnino

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 01:05:16 PM »
Precisely Gorey. Thats what I'm saying yeah. So you see what I'm asking now?  :D

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »
There isn't a way to do this without some manual intervention.  There's no way to tell the software, for example, "this table seats 8, but when we get down to 10 players, add 2 seats and seat everyone here".

So, I suppose once you get down to 10 players you will have to reconfigure the tables a little bit.  If you do actually use the 10-seater during the tournament but only seat 8 players at it until the end, you can mark 2 of the seats as "unavailable" (right-click on a seat on the Tables tab).  The software will not seat players in a seat marked unavailable.

When you get down to 10 players, make those 2 seats available.  Or, add a new table to the Tables tab that has 10 seats (if you really do bring out the 10-seat table at this point).  Or, edit an existing table and add 2 seats.  Once you do one of these, press the "Suggest Movement" button and the TD should reseat all players at the 10-seat table.  If you have the option set, seating at the final table will be completely randomized (which will only matter if some of the players are already sitting at the 10-seat table when you press "Suggest Movement").  You can set this option by pressing the "Settings" button on the Tables tab.