Author Topic: Two TD Issues  (Read 1138 times)

buckeyebrain

• View Profile
Two TD Issues
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:18:20 AM »
Hello, everybody.  I tried to search for both of these questions, to no avail.  The first question is newbie-ish, so have a helmet on for a little abuse that I might take for asking, but...

1)  I've downloaded the software recently, but haven't registered yet (I'm still in my 30 day trial). I want to run it through a tournament before purchasing.  That said, every time I open the software in Windows 7, I get asked if I want to allow the program from an unknown publisher to make changes to the computer. I understand the issue coming up the first time, but I'm wondering if there's an elegant way to get rid of this warning without changing my general security settings.

Now the bigger question...

2)  I, along with all of the players in our regular games, am a Deaf person.  I'm wondering if there's a way to soup up a visual signal (perhaps a light that plugs into a spare USB port, maybe a strobe or beacon light?) to attach to the "sound" events to promptly alert us to blind level increases?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Two TD Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:01:08 AM »
Hi there,

1) not without changing your security settings, I think you are best just to put up with it because windows security alerts are pretty decent anyway.

2) not in the way you are describing but I do have a different suggestion. when my tourney is counting down the last 30 seconds of a level their is a large flashing yellow and red banner across the screen of "BLINDS UP," and the screen I use is designed to accommodate those with special needs. The flashing alert would be perfect for you I believe, you can check it out here: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=2293.0 it is correlated announcements.tst and should assist you, or least give you ideas of how to progress, you cian also check out the layout here: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=2395.0

Any more help you need don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Stuart
Stuart Murray

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
Stu's pretty much nailed it on the head - its with the security level beign high. You can step it down, to where it never asks, but that would effect EVERY program. As a techie, I always reccomend keeping it high, as any program may cause harm, unless you know where it comes from. If you use another computer with no internet access but TD is installed, then you could get by with keeping the level low.

Mike
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »
We started using TD back 2006 we had a player that was deaf, We used a cellphone on vibrate, but he was just one person so not to hard, but there is a message board that you can set up with bright colors and set it display at any giving time like ( there are 30sec, 15sec & 5sec ) your sure to see one of them with the sec, on the srceen.      well just a thought.     4 Color Screens if you do 20min blind 5min or 15min for ahour set each Screen as needed
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:42:47 PM by TIMMER »