Author Topic: Shoot out competition  (Read 1577 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Shoot out competition
« on: June 19, 2011, 05:51:32 AM »
Thinking about running a Shoot Out Bounty tournament.

Would be a max of 64 players on 8 tables. Playing down to 2 players per table,  (then the remaining two players from each table will be reseated on the 2 final tables,  the chips that they take to the final 2 tables  will be what there stack was when the table they were on finished )  this would leave 16 players on 2 tables. This would then play down as an ordinary tournament, with the top 8 players getting paid. Bounties will run through the tournament until there is only one winner.

A couple of problems that i can forsee.

Some table will take longer to finish than others. so I was thinking.

Do the blinds still go up? Or do i keep the blinds the same as the time that the first table get finished?  And if so, once the last 16 players are finalised, would it be best to reset the levels to what the levels were when the first table finished?

What happens if instead of 64 i was short of players to make full tables? The total chips on each table would have to be  the same. DO i share the chips out among the number of players or do I put the chips in an empty seat and have them blinded out?

I would like to hear from anyone who has run a shoot out before and what if any problems arose.  See the problems that i have highlighted and what they would do to forestall any problems that may come up.

Or can you see any other problems that may arise from running this type of tournament?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:56:16 AM by Mahound »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Shoot out competition
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 09:52:18 AM »
One thing I could see, dependent upon how you have TD set up, is player movement - you would want to turn off the movement suggestions, or just decline them until the final two tables. I have a game on my android phone that does a multi-table shootout, where it starts us out with 3k in chips, 10/20 blinds, and we play down to 3 players. Then, the final table occurs, and it's reset, so to speak - back to 3k, back to 10/20.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!