Author Topic: Auto-addon at a certain stage?  (Read 943 times)

stickyshed

• View Profile
Auto-addon at a certain stage?
« on: May 06, 2018, 07:03:59 AM »
Context: this is just why I want TD to do what I want it to do. You can skip right to "How do I?" bit if you're busy :P

If a player busts out in the first six rounds of my single table 10K tourneys, they automatically get a free 10K rebuy.  That's to stop people busting out and their evening coming to an end too early in the evening, without it costing them more money

If they survive to round seven without busting out at all, they automatically get a free 10K add-on.   

NB players are not entitled to the free rebuy AND the free add-on.

HOW DO I?
So how do I set up TD so that everyone who hasn't rebought gets a free add-on at level seven? I have set up the add-on profile so everyone can add on once only, and rebuy once only (both for 10K chips, both free) but my issues are:

1. I don't know how to set up TD so that you can't add-on if you've rebought
2. I don't know how to set up TD so that all remaining players who haven't busted out at once get an automatic add-on at level seven.

DISCLAIMER:
I understand that what I want to do is a little left field, and probably not what TD could reasonably be expected to do. I can of course just enter the add-ons manually at level 7, but if it could do it all by itself that would give me more time to play poker :P

Lafrog

• View Profile
Re: Auto-addon at a certain stage?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 09:48:29 AM »
Seems to me that everyone of your players get 20K chips total no matter what, so instead of calling it Re-Buy (unless there is another reason for that...) simply give them a FREE Add-ON when/if they first bust (1 add-on max per player) and at the break give the leftover add-ons to anyone that has not taking it so far.

Physically, you could simply control that by giving a "ADD-ON" chip (any chip that has no other value in you tournament). When a player busts, he/she exchange this chip for a new stack or at the break exchange it for an extra 10K chips.

HTH
Michel

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 10:18:25 AM »
Thanks but your solution 1. Doesn't answer my question. How can I do this within the software? As per my initial post, I have workarounds. I want something that works within the software, *if* that's possible... And 2. Your solution is wrong. You cannot add-on if you have busted out (unless there's a config file somewhere...?)

That said, thanks for responding! But like I say it's not workarounds I want, it's a specific feature that may or may not be possible.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:04:10 PM by stickyshed »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 05:28:39 PM »
You can't have to software automatically apply an add-on for those who haven't busted out.  And the limitations to who can rebuy or add-on are somewhat primitive.  You can't apply any other logic, other than what you see on the Game tab in the Rebuys and Add-ons sections.  There is a feature request in the queue for adding more logic to this.  Basically, you could have a formula for add-ons, for example, that evaluates to the number of add-ons a player has "available".  It could be based on just about anything in the tournament, including the number of rebuys the player has already purchased, what the currently level is, how many add-ons in total have been purchased by the entire tournament, etc.  But it isn't there today.

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 05:57:46 PM »
And 2. Your solution is wrong. You cannot add-on if you have busted out (unless there's a config file somewhere...?)

Who said you have to bust them out? Just give them the add-on!!!

At the end of the day, I provided you with a way of determining who had received an add-on and who has'nt... Yes, I am sorry, this is a workaround as the feature you are requesting is not part of the software TODAY...

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 12:06:19 AM »
Corey - If it can't be done yet, that's all I need to know. Thanks for the confirmation.

Lafrog - "Who said you have to bust them out? Just give them the add-on!!!"

Ok so break the bust-out stats completely :P   I hope you can see what's wrong with doing that in software specifically designed to track busthouts etc. Once again, I have workarounds in place (although just like your example they all have 'flaws' given that I'm trying to incorporate a scenario that the software wasn't built for - for example, I *could* just give everyone 20k chips to begin with, with free rebuy/add-ons, but then the "chips in play" and therefore the "average player stacks", "total big blinds on table" etc etc etc are wrong until the point where everyone gets the addon).

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. I'm not disappointed that the software doesn't do this (or surprised) because I hadn't even heard of this format until recently (I believe it's called a "second chance" tournament).

Some of these are run as part of the WSOP, and I believe they're gaining popularity, so  yes, a future version that includes this functionality would be brilliant (fingers crossed).

Why? Well imagine you're running a twenty table tourney, and at the point where anyone who hasn't already rebought automatically gets their add-on, you have to work it out manually and also apply it manually...  It's not a big deal for me because I'm only running STT's - otherwise if I (or anyone else) wanted to copy the WSOP format I'd be struggling.

Corey just thinking - maybe a quick fix? On the "rebuy players" screen, you could have another checkbox for "ineligible for add-on?" And tick this if someone is rebuying.

When it's time to add-on everyone else, on the "add-on players" screen make sure the "hide ineligible players" checkbox is ticked, and click the top "player" box to select all eligible players in one go.

Simple.

That wouldn't be automatic or as elegant a solution as the one that's been suggested, but this way you're simply adding one checkbox to one screen and adding a very simple piece of logic (which it can currently handle).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:22:49 AM by stickyshed »