Author Topic: Rankings - column names changeable on the Mainpage?  (Read 2769 times)

peterparker

• View Profile
Rankings - column names changeable on the Mainpage?
« on: September 23, 2007, 10:38:13 PM »
Hello,

I' have integrated the player rankings on the Main-Page. As I'm German, I would like to change the column names ("Rank", "Round Out",...) - I found the way to change them on the "Other Properties"-Page, but these changes are just affect the Player Rankings-Page. The Main-Page still displays the English names.

Any suggestions? Maybe I can edit this in the language-file?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rankings - column names changeable on the Mainpage?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:20:37 AM »
If by "Main Page" you mean the Settings page, you can change the column names by simply pressing the "Column Names" button.  This is available on the Players tab and the Stats tab.

If you are talking about the main Tournament page (the clock page), I assume you are referring to the columns listed when you insert the <rankings> token.  In this case, you will have to change the language files.  They are located in the folder where the Tournament Director is installed, in the "lang\en-us" folder.  The best thing to do would be to create a new folder (at the "en-us" level), call it whatever you like, then copy all of the files from "lang\en-us" into "lang\your-folder".  Now you have a second set of language files.  Edit the file "description" (in the new folder) and just change the name so you can distinguish this language from the included English set.

Now you'll have to edit those files to change the column names.  The keys to look for are:

Settings.Players.Column.Rank
Tournament.Rankings.Column.Player
Settings.Players.Column.TimeOut
Settings.Players.Column.RoundOut
Settings.Players.Column.Hits
Settings.Players.Column.Hitman
Tournament.Rankings.Column.Winnings
Settings.Players.Column.Points

You'll find them in the files "messages.players.properties" and "messages.tournament.properties".

Change the values of these in the new language files you copied into the new folder.  After you do this, start the TD, go to the Preferences tab, press the Language button, and select the new language that appears there.

Note that some of these are shared, so you will see the names of columns on the Players tab of the Settings page change as well (and possibly elsewhere).

peterparker

• View Profile
Re: Rankings - column names changeable on the Mainpage?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 01:21:14 PM »
you'll have to edit those files to change the column names.  The keys to look for are:

Settings.Players.Column.Rank
Tournament.Rankings.Column.Player
Settings.Players.Column.TimeOut
Settings.Players.Column.RoundOut
Settings.Players.Column.Hits
Settings.Players.Column.Hitman
Tournament.Rankings.Column.Winnings
Settings.Players.Column.Points

You'll find them in the files "messages.players.properties" and "messages.tournament.properties".

Perfect. Thank you!