Author Topic: Need Help with Formula  (Read 1298 times)

Taz71

• View Profile
Need Help with Formula
« on: May 11, 2011, 01:32:30 AM »
Our league has 10 tournaments and we drop everyone's lowest 2 scores providing they make all 10 tournaments.  However, if someone only makes 9 tournaments, we would drop their lowest 1 score.  If someone makes 8 tournaments or less, we don't drop any scores.  I think the way to add this to the overall scoring formula is using the # of buy-ins for the player but I don't know how to implement this into the formula.

I tried using the following formula but it doesn't work.  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

assign("c", count(scores))
if(buy-Ins = 10, sum(top(c-2, scores))), if(buy-Ins = 9, sum(top(c-1, scores))), sum(scores)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Need Help with Formula
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 06:42:10 AM »
top(8, scores) should be able to work - that way, it'll look for the 8 best scores no matter how many they played in.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:28:42 AM »
Magic_fubu is correct.  Your formula would have worked, by the way, except you've got the "buy-ins" variable wrong.  First, no variable has a dash "-" in its name.  This would confuse the parser and make it think you're trying to subtract one variable from another ("buy" minus "ins").  Second, in the case of the Overall Formula, "count(scores)" is basically the same as "number of buy-ins".  So your formula would have been:

if(c = 10, sum(top(c-2, scores))), if(c = 9, sum(top(c-1, scores))), sum(scores)

or, since you know what the value of "c" is in your "if" statements:

if(c = 10, sum(top(8, scores))), if(c = 9, sum(top(8, scores))), sum(scores)

Which, of course, simplifies to:

sum(top(8, scores))

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
We use best 10 from 12 for our season,

and use the formula (best 10)

So all I do when I run the stats after every game is change the formula to look at the games played.
So if we have played 6 I would set it to 4, this way I can show the league table as all 6 games
and the best 4 games in 2 seperate columns, players like to know both.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Taz71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »
Thanks!  sum(top(8,scores)) did it.  I tried the (best 8) that Macacan suggested but that didn't work.