Author Topic: TD 2.5 French language  (Read 22163 times)

NLT

• View Profile
TD 2.5 French language
« on: December 21, 2007, 01:10:35 PM »
Bonjour Correy ! :)

Firstable, i'm sorry for my bad english…

You will find attached a proposal of translation of TD 2.4.3 in french. It stay on quite a few working to do. A few tabs are not still translate, this is a works more long that I think.

Yet I can already distinguish a few bugs technic and propose small suggestions :

- Splash blue screen, at the start of TD : impossibility to translate it from files in the "Lang" folder.

- Buttons width : the generality of the word in french à more longer than the word in english. Please can you assign a dynamic width to buttons  ? or specify a greatest width ?

- Settings page / Preferences Tab : the translation of the feature "Hand Timer default time" is not recoverred from the file Lang

- file doc.html, license.txt : please can you add an reference this file with translatable files of "Lang" folder ?

- file " messages.prizes.properties ":  variable " Dialog.Prize.Tooltip.RandomPlayer " : "chsen" instead of  "chosen" in the english file

- file " messages.players.properties ": reversed values between variables " Dialog.EditGamePlayerHistoryItem.Tooltip.Rake " and " Dialog.EditGamePlayerHistoryItem.Tooltip.ChipsReceived " in the english file

- Sometimes the Options tab is called the Game tab. Is it normal ?

- Please, is it possible to put in parameter the amount of time of the tooltip bubble displaying ?

I have considering that the version 2.5 is actually in beta test, is that implicates many modifications in files of "Lang" folder ?

Good continuation,
Cordially,
Nicolas
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:15:32 AM by NLT »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TD 2.4.3 French language
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 03:35:10 PM »
Bonjour Correy ! :)

Firstable, i'm sorry for my bad english…

You will find attached a proposal of translation of TD 2.4.3 in french. It stay on quite a few working to do. A few tabs are not still translate, this is a works more long that I think.

Yet I can already distinguish a few bugs technic and propose small suggestions :

That is great.  I wish I could verify your translations, but considering I do not speak French... I will try to create an installer that will allow others to install the language without needing to know any details about where to put the files.  Probably not until 2.5 is finished, however.

- Splash blue screen, at the start of TD : impossibility to translate it from files in the "Lang" folder.

As designed.  Nothing on the splash screen can be translated, and that is how I want it.  Even if I wanted to translate it, the splash screen is loaded before the language catalogs, so...

- Buttons width : the generality of the word in french à more longer than the word in english. Please can you assign a dynamic width to buttons  ? or specify a greatest width ?

This is also intentional, in order to make things fit better on the screen.  And initially I was not considering translating the software.  Starting in 2.5, although the widths of buttons are hard-coded (I will consider changing this), you may use the <br> element in order to introduce a linefeed, making the button taller and wrapping the text.  Layout still needs to be considered if you do this.  And you may need to consider using abbreviations.

- Settings page / Preferences Tab : the translation of the feature "Hand Timer default time" is not recoverred from the file Lang

I believe it is.  Settings.Preferences.Field.HandTimerDefaultSeconds and Settings.Preferences.Tooltip.HandTimerDefaultSeconds

- file doc.html, license.txt : please can you add an reference this file with translatable files of "Lang" folder ?

I suppose I could.  The license.txt file is easy, but the user manual.... is someone (you?) actually considering translating the entire user manual?

- file " messages.prizes.properties ":  variable " Dialog.Prize.Tooltip.RandomPlayer " : "chsen" instead of  "chosen" in the english file
 - file " messages.players.properties ": reversed values between variables " Dialog.EditGamePlayerHistoryItem.Tooltip.Rake " and " Dialog.EditGamePlayerHistoryItem.Tooltip.ChipsReceived " in the english file

Thanks, I will fix these.

- Sometimes the Options tab is called the Game tab. Is it normal ?

I believe at some point the Game tab was called the Options tab.  Or perhaps I renamed the Options tab to the Game tab before I released 2.0.  Either way, internally it is referred to as the options tab for historical reasons, so I have probably accidentally called it that in some of the documentation (including tooltips, etc).  Thank you for pointing this out so I can fix it.

- Please, is it possible to put in parameter the amount of time of the tooltip bubble displaying ?

I wish.  Unfortunately, this is hard-coded in Internet Explorer, as far as I know.  That is why I added the right-click option to display the tooltip (and it remains on the screen until you click something).

I have considering that the version 2.5 is actually in beta test, is that implicates many modifications in files of "Lang" folder ?

So far not a whole lot, but yes, there will be changes for 2.5.

Good continuation,
Cordially,
Nicolas

NLT

• View Profile
Re: TD 2.5 French language
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 06:31:47 AM »
Bonjour Correy,

That is great.  I wish I could verify your translations, but considering I do not speak French...
Indeed as I am not a professional translator and than my English level is not extraordinary, a work of second readings will be necessary. I will try to do it with people of my club of poker (OPC).
I will try to create an installer that will allow others to install the language without needing to know any details about where to put the files.  Probably not until 2.5 is finished, however.
I have basic knowledge of use of Inno Setup. I already started to prepare a version for the members of my club. This version uses the key of register of TD which contains the path to install automatically. If you want I can send small Inno script to you if you wish it. Unless you prefer that I use another software of installation…
Splash screen
Ok
the widths of buttons
Ok, I will use abbreviations.
"Hand Timer default time"
Mea culpa. During the translation, I involuntarily modified the name of the Settings.Preferences.Field.HandTimerDefaultSeconds variable. Sorry.
file doc.html
A solution would be that I improve my script Inno Setup. It is possible at the time of the installation to rename the doc.html file in English and to replace it by a translated version.
On the other hand, the translation of this file will represent a large work. I do not think of doing it in the immediate future. I think that it is better that I await the end of the work of second reading to begin this work. As that I will be with what to hold me at the level it vocabulary to use.
file license.txt
I do not know if I must translate this file.
A mistranslation could represent a legal risk for you.
Or then it is necessary to add a paragraph to discharge to you from the possible risks generated by the translation. To see.
For me, it is not a priority work.
I wish.  Unfortunately, this is hard-coded in Internet Explorer, as far as I know.  That is why I added the right-click option to display the tooltip (and it remains on the screen until you click something).
"right-click option" ooops shame on me, I had not noticed this possibility. Excellent idea.
Version 2.5
With the assistance of a comparator (for example Ultra Compares Lite), the update of the translated files should be fast.

From now, I will base the translation compared to TD 2.5

Good continuation,
Cordially,
Nicolas

winch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 04:01:48 PM »
I have translated the 2.4.3 version in French, all tab and action, are you interested ?

NLT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 05:44:27 AM »
Salut winch! :)

Oui je suis intéressé par ta version.
Puis je l'utiliser pour terminer la version que je prépare pour TD v2.5 s'il te plait ?
Il me reste plus qu'à terminer les onglets 'layout', 'database' et 'stat'.
ça m'intéresse de connaitre les choix de vocabulaire que tu as fait.

@+
NLT
________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi winch! :)

Yes I am interesting by your version.
Please can I use it to finish the version which I prepare for TD v2.5 ?
It remains me more than to finish the tabs “layout”, “database” and “stat”.
That interests me to know the choices of vocabulary which you made.

bye
NLT

NLT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 04:23:27 PM »
Bonjour Correy,

The first stage of translation is finished.
It remains me more than to make a second reading.
And to propose with my colleagues of the club to make some too.

Translation in its state in progress.

Here some remarks:

Would it be possible to be able to put characters accentuated in the names of cell?

File : messages.layout.properties > var : Dialog.EditCriteria.Tooltip.Round > would it be possible to enter French values? ("all, odd, even" in the place of "tous, impair, pair")
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Dialog.EditCriteria.Tooltip.BreakNumber > would it be possible to enter French values? ("all" in the place of "toutes")
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Dialog.OtherLayoutProperties.Common.Tooltip.HeaderRowForeColor > "column" in the place of "row"
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Layout.Token.break > miss period
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Layout.Token.bountychips.text > would it be possible to be able to translate the  string contained in the wording (those with tokens)?
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Layout.Token.inlinerankings.template > would it be possible to be able to translate the  string contained in the wording (those with tokens)?
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Layout.Token.rankings.showPoints > "the time" is in excess.
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Dialog.Seasons.Tooltip.LastUpdated > "league" in the place of "season"
File : messages.stats.properties > var : Dialog.TournamentsInfo.Tooltip.AverageNumberOfPlayers > I don't think that it is the good wording. It is a copy of var Dialog.TournamentsInfo.Tooltip.NumberOfPlayers

Good continuation,
Cordially,
Nicolas

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »
Bonjour Correy,

The first stage of translation is finished.
It remains me more than to make a second reading.
And to propose with my colleagues of the club to make some too.

Translation in its state in progress.

Here some remarks:

Would it be possible to be able to put characters accentuated in the names of cell?

Probably.  I prevented this because the cells are actually looked up by name, and I wanted to avoid any possible issues if cells were named with unusual characters.  Originally, only letters, numbers, spaces, and a few other characters were allowed.  But it would probably work with any text.  I'll put it on the list.

File : messages.layout.properties > var : Dialog.EditCriteria.Tooltip.Round > would it be possible to enter French values? ("all, odd, even" in the place of "tous, impair, pair")
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Dialog.EditCriteria.Tooltip.BreakNumber > would it be possible to enter French values? ("all" in the place of "toutes")

Maybe, but this is a little more difficult.  I'll also put this down.

File : messages.layout.properties > var : Dialog.OtherLayoutProperties.Common.Tooltip.HeaderRowForeColor > "column" in the place of "row"
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Layout.Token.break > miss period

Thanks.  My own personal editor.  :)

File : messages.layout.properties > var : Layout.Token.bountychips.text > would it be possible to be able to translate the  string contained in the wording (those with tokens)?
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Layout.Token.inlinerankings.template > would it be possible to be able to translate the  string contained in the wording (those with tokens)?

Same as above.

File : messages.layout.properties > var : Layout.Token.rankings.showPoints > "the time" is in excess.
File : messages.layout.properties > var : Dialog.Seasons.Tooltip.LastUpdated > "league" in the place of "season"
File : messages.stats.properties > var : Dialog.TournamentsInfo.Tooltip.AverageNumberOfPlayers > I don't think that it is the good wording. It is a copy of var Dialog.TournamentsInfo.Tooltip.NumberOfPlayers

Again, thanks.

Good continuation,
Cordially,
Nicolas

NLT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »
Bonjour Corey,

First of all, thanks for the corrections.

You will find below the update of the Lang files:
-       update beta 5
-       various corrections of translation
-       display improvements of the translation in the tabs

TD25 b5 fr

I began the translation of doc.html.
That will be a very very long work…  :)

Would it be possible to add the choice of rename the tokens rules (those visible in the rules tab)?

bye
NLT

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 10:58:09 AM »
I think the rules tokens will need to remain the same.

By the way, the user manual will be undergoing quite a bit of change for 2.5.  I wouldn't start translating it just yet.

NLT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 06:22:20 AM »
Working on it, unfortunately just don't have as much time lately to work on it (although I am putting in a few hours nearly every day).  The only thing really left to do is update the user manual, and that's a big task.  I'm also trying to get a Quick Start wizard built, to get new users up and running more quickly.  That one will make it into 2.5 if I can manage it, but the user manual has to be done before release...

Salut Corey,

Did you imagine a solution to manage the translations of the user's manual?

Bye
NLT

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 10:09:08 AM »
Uhm, no, not really.  I just wanted you to be aware that with the changes in the software in version 2.5, the manual will be undergoing a significant overhaul.  It might not be worth your time to translate it given how much will be changing.

NLT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »
Bonjour Corey,

Thanks for the corrections.

My proposal for a french translation of TD 2.5 final

bye
NLT

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 11:39:26 AM »
Great - I'll get it posted as soon as I can.

NLT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 02:08:34 PM »
Bonjour Corey,

Sorry for the delay : french translation of TD 2.5.3

Thanks for the TD's improvements.

bye
NLT

NLT

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »
Hello Corey,

Here were a new version of the French translation of the Tournament Director 2.5.3:

+ help guide : translation is ended,
+ 'lang' files : several small corrections and changes

I let you manage the installation of the French guide by the plugin ;-)

Good reception
bye
NLT