Author Topic: NO Sounds on the Tournament Director ???  (Read 7110 times)

dams5694

• View Profile
NO Sounds on the Tournament Director ???
« on: May 23, 2007, 04:39:38 PM »
Hello to all ;)

i've got a big problem .. i've no sounds on my TD .. even if i enter the sounds options .. when i hit the "play sound" button .. i can't hear anything .. so my software never made noise lol !!!

i tried to change the souns .. but it was the same problem

i tried running WMP at the same time .. still the same problem

please help me

PS what must i do to know the version of my Tournament director please ?

THX

dams5694

• View Profile
Re: NO Sounds on the Tournament Director ???
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 04:41:55 PM »
My version is 1.3.5

Kaelan

• View Profile
    • MysticMead
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:03:51 AM »
do you get sounds out of anything else on your computer? and What operating system are you using? and have you tried upgrading to the current version of TD?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:06:05 AM by Kaelan »

dams5694

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 09:42:56 AM »
Hello i'm on XP ... i can hear all sounds of every else program ;)

i tryed to download the last trial but it says : the trial time is ended etc .. so ... no chance to test it lol

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:27:42 AM »
From the old FAQ:

I get no sound in the Tournament Director, what can I do?

If your PC has an application other than Windows Media Player configured to play WAV files by default, then you might not get sound in the Tournament Director. To correct this issue, you must reset WAV files to be handled by Windows Media Player.

To do this, open Windows Media Player (Start Menu -> Program Files -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Windows Media Player). On the Tools menu, select Options. On the Options dialog, select the File Types tab. On the File Types tab, make sure that "Audio File" or "Windows audio file (wav)" is checked (which one you see depends on your version of Windows Media Player). If it is not, check it. Press the OK button and close Windows Media Player.

Another place to check is the Program Access and Defaults section of the Windows control panel. On the control panel, select "Add or Remove Programs". On the "Add or Remove Programs" dialog, select "Set Program Access and Defaults" on the left-hand side. Click the double-down-arrows of the selected configuration to open the configuration. Under "Choose a default media player", select "Windows Media Player".

Start the Tournament Director. Select the Sounds tab. Click the white arrow to the left of any of the sounds to play the sound and to verify whether sounds now work or not. If sounds still do not work, double check that your system is configured to have Windows Media Player play WAV files. A good way to double check this is to open the folder in which the Tournament Director is installed. Open the "sounds" folder. Double-click one of the sound files in this folder. Windows Media Player should start and play the sound. If another application starts, then something went wrong and you should repeat the steps above.

dams5694

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »
THX it works ;)

BIg THANX

shane_huskey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 03:09:52 AM »
also on 1.3.5, another workaround that i've found that works is use something such as SuperC to convert all the wavs to wma files and assign them as your sounds, and bam you have your sounds now

GJS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 06:54:24 AM »
Hello.

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I thought I'd mention my problems with this too.

I lost the sound (v 1.3.5) - I'm not sure whether it was because of the Media Jukebox 12 player that found its way on my hard drive (come on, who's the comedian - who put it there?  ::)), or the newer version of WMP that I updated to (V 11).

However, I tried the file association fixes (file types and in program access and defaults), but still no joy. Arggghhhhh. I then tried rolling my WMP back to the earlier version, but alas, no luck there. So, at 3am with a days work ahead followed by hosting the monthly game, I had to give up and went to bed. The lsat option I could think of was rolling back my laptop to an earlier point, but I couldnt do that as XP turned that off as I've filled up the hard drive. Double Arrrrrggggggghhhhhh. So the game proceeded without sounds, which we definitely missed but the background changing colours when the blinds change definitely helps there.

Its now the late morning after the early hours finish and after a few hours kip, I thought I'd start updating the results for our league. But this was still bugging me, so i did another search and came back to this thread. This time, I paid more attention to the suggestion of converting the sound files to wma format from shane_huskey. Ironically, I used the media jukebox player that possibly caused the problem to convert the files to wma and updated the sounds link in TD - and I can happily re-affirm that this solution works. Oh yeah baby!

Cheers for the fix  :)

And BTW, TD is a superb piece of software. When I get over my fear of putting my credit card info over the internet, I'm gonna purchase the latest version.

Regards,

Greg
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 06:56:20 AM by GJS »

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 10:11:27 AM »
If you are worried about credit card info over the net, I got a suggestion... I use it for depositing online poker sites... you can get prepaid credit cards that you load up with whatever amount you want... I got mine from Money Mart here in Canada... dunno if you have Money Mart in the States but I'm sure you have the equivalent