Author Topic: Points Question  (Read 4037 times)

acomire

Points Question
« on: March 08, 2006, 01:39:16 PM »
Hi. 

I have been running v1.x for over a year now and I am really impressed with v2.0.  My money has just been sent.  Now with that out of the way.....

I am trying to automate a points system that I have manually implemented and wanted to see if someone could help.  What we do for our monthly 16 person tourney is award a max number of points based on the number of people in the tournament.  So if all 16 of us play, then 1st place will receive 16 points.  2nd place will get 15 and so on....

I also award 1 point to the hitman after busting someone out.  Example:  If PLAYER5 wins the tournament, he would get 16 points + 5 additional points for busting out 5 people throughout the tournament for a total of 21 points.

When I try to implement this with the variables, it awards the points in reverse.  In a dummy tournament my 1st place winner got 1 point, my 2nd place got 2 points.etc....

Since I want to continue the format which we used for last year's tourney, the more points you have, the higher your ranking.

I appriciate any input

Thanks!!!

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
Re: Points Question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 03:04:50 PM »
This same question has been asked and answered several times.

It should this:  (n)-(r)+1+(nh)
The man, the myth, the moose!

acomire

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 03:16:53 PM »
Yes I know it was asked in other posts.  Infact I tried every suggestion before I posted this but as I stated, it is counting backwards for me.  It is in the reverse order.

Thanks for you abrupt response as I had a feeling this forum was not going to be very friendly based on other poeples responses to similar questions

Nice product but 1st post, last post.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 03:41:59 PM »
Whoa, that sounds like a pretty harsh response to Moose.  Give the guy a chance.  Perhaps if you had mentioned that you had tried that particular formula, or you had posted the formula you actually used, he wouldn't have posted the "obvious" answer to your question.

So, the thing to do, I would say, is post your formula and let's see if we can see what might be wrong.  If it looks correct, I'd say to then attach to a post a simple tournament where you see the points awarded incorrectly, and then someone here (me, for example) can try to track down what's going on.

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:16:23 AM »
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across that "abrupt!"   :( 

However, as Corey said, you didn't state that you had tried other formulas or what formula you did try.  You just asked what formula to use.  As that had been answered multiple times, it looked like you didn't bother reading any other post, and I think my response was acceptable.  While I meant for there to be a "oh, I should have looked around" response, I didn't mean to cause a "what a rude SOB, I'm never posting here again" response.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:19:10 AM by MooseWizard »
The man, the myth, the moose!

JCreque

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 11:59:46 AM »
(n)-(r)+1+(nh)

The formulas works when we test it.  How do we apply the forumla to our previous tounaments when we load the stats filter?
Thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 01:44:12 PM »
Open up each tournament, set the formula, save the tournament.