Author Topic: Manually Entering Tournament Results  (Read 867 times)

colossalboom

• View Profile
Manually Entering Tournament Results
« on: September 10, 2011, 11:07:56 AM »
Hi All,

Is it possible to enter tournament results manually into TD?  I'd like to be able to enter players in the order they finished, their buy-in amount, their prize winnings, etc. and make sure the points formula I have counts towards them as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Manually Entering Tournament Results
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 12:31:29 PM »
Yes, but you still will need to run TD. I alternate weeks with someone who prefers to use pen and paper to track the league. We only track top ten, as they get points for the final table. So what I do is this: get the top ten from that week ordered on Excel. See who had hits, and get them ordered. Then, I get the players alphabetized and buy them into the tournament. Next, I get people who did not get any hits and did not make the top ten, and start getting a hit report showing - working from the bottom on up to the winner. Takes me about 15 minutes to a half hour, depending on the number of people we get that week (anywhere from 20-45 players). But once the "tourney" starts, I'm usually done within 5 minutes.

If you're looking to enter results of a tournament where you don't have to start the clock, I don't know if that's possible right now - my guess would be no.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Manually Entering Tournament Results
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
That's the way to do it.  Run a mock tournament and bust players out in the proper order.