Author Topic: No players in Player DB  (Read 1288 times)

desertmuck

• View Profile
No players in Player DB
« on: June 11, 2014, 12:08:49 AM »
I installed version 3 after we have been running v2 for a very long time.   I go into my V2 games and can longer see the player db.  I do have a backup as well but after extracting all the files I don't see any player db information in there either.
Can someone point me to the file that has all the players stored in it?  File name and path?
Can I import from the menu to get them back?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No players in Player DB
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 11:14:08 AM »
installed version 3 after we have been running v2 for a very long time.   I go into my V2 games and can longer see the player db.  I do have a backup as well but after extracting all the files I don't see any player db information in there either.

When you say "I go into my v2 games", what does this mean?  Are you saying you load a tournament (using version 3) that was saved with version 2?

and can longer see the player db

The player database is independent of tournaments.  Ddo you mean you don't see players on the Players tab?

Can someone point me to the file that has all the players stored in it?  File name and path?

On the Preferences tab you can press the System Info button, and look for the line that says "DB Folder".  You can right-click on the path and select "Explore folder" to open it in Windows Explorer.

Can I import from the menu to get them back?

If you've taken a backup of your data (Settings window -> Database tab -> Backup) then you can use the restore feature to restore it (Settings window -> Database tab -> Restore).

dullgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 07:15:23 AM »
I'm not going to answer for that guy, but I saw the same thing. Here's the sequence of events:

1) Create players using V2 - set league membership.
2) Launch V3, load those players into a tournament, exit.
3) Launch V2

When I do this, I can see the players in the database, but their league memberships are lost.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
v3 should be able load any data from v2, but v2 can't load data from v3.  In some instances, where file formats have not changed (most did), v2 *can* load a v3 file.  But even then, this is really not a supported feature.

Version 2.5.14 did include the ability to load a player database updated by v3.  This was intended to help folks recover from an updated database when they downloaded and ran v3 to test it out.  If a database backup wasn't made, it was basically lost if the person decided to continue to use v2, and this was happening quite a bit.