Author Topic: Auto add dialogue  (Read 1957 times)

pumapants

• View Profile
Auto add dialogue
« on: May 03, 2015, 08:57:29 AM »
Hi, I was wondering if there could be an auto-add player page in addition to the regular add player page.  The regular add player page is more of a search and add dialogue, whereas a auto-add player dialogue would have a box for entering a unique entry (perhaps being able to preset this as a number of options such as nick name or id number etc.  Entering the unique number would automatically add the player to the tournament.  Perhaps have those buy-in and auto-seat tick boxes as well?  And after each entry perhaps an "is this the correct player" dialogue.

My idea is that I will activate the auto-add dialogue (with or without the auto-seat/buy-in setting) and players could just tell me their id and be added to the tournament a lot quicker than the current 2-3 step process.

The next step would be to use a card scanner, rfid scanner or the fingerprint reader on this laptop to automatically enter a players code to enter them into the tournament.  Then we can use our existing player cards, or scan their fingers...

Regards

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto add dialogue
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:29:07 PM »
On the Add Players dialog, press Ctrl+F to open the Find section.  Check the "Auto perform action" checkbox.  Now, when you search for a player (by name, ID, whatever), and the results of that search are a single player only, they'll automatically be bought in.  This enables being able to buy a player into the tournament by simply scanning an ID card.

On the Preferences tab, in the Behavior category, about 20 checkboxes down you'll find "Automatically search as soon as text is entered".  This shows/hides the "Find" button so that a search will occur only when the Find button is pressed, or when any text is entered.