Author Topic: Multiple Displays  (Read 3146 times)

beaker

• View Profile
Multiple Displays
« on: December 15, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »
I've been working to figure out a few things before my next tournament.

One feature that I'd really like to implement concerns multiple displays. I plan on having seven displays using two video cards (I can get more if needed to get things working), and a couple video distribution / splitter jobies.

I would like to have display #1 (a touch screen) visible only to me that will show the "settings windows", the settings window should be hidden on all the other monitors; in reading though the forum posts I'm sure this is possible, I just haven't tried it yet.

Display #2 through #6 should show only the "game window"

Display #7 (a big screen which should be visible to all) should show only the seating chart, all the time.

I hope I've described my request properly, please let me know of any questions or suggestions on how this might be accomplished

Thanks very much!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Displays
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 05:36:46 PM »
Not possible at the moment, but I will look into it.  Currently, you can have the Settings window open and the Game window open at the same time.  This allows for only one of the Tournament screen, Seating Chart screen, Player Rankings screen, etc, to be displayed at any given time.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:36:57 PM »
There are switches (splitters you can buy that will split the signal up. The link I have provided here will split the signal up to 4 different monitors. Use one output from your video-card for your own display and the secondary to the switch which will all show the same display (your second monitor. This switch also serves as a signal booster. I dont know how many switches you can hook up simultaneously, but at least this will give you 4 extra monitors.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=485823&CatId=317

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:38:46 PM »
Hi Jody..... Thanks for your reply!

I'm already using two splitters which are almost exactly the same as the ones shown in the link that you provided. This allows me to have seven monitors total.... that part works good.

I would like to have one monitor showing all the "setting screens" that will not appear on any other display. Another monitor that always displays the "seating chart" and nothing else. And the remaining 5 monitors to show the regular game screens which appear throughout the tourney.

So... in short, my trouble is not connecting a bunch of monitors.... it is displaying specific screens on the different displays that I have connected....

Based on corey's comments, it cannot currently be done. But if you're doing something cool that we don't know about... please let me know! i hope that I've explained things a little better this time, please ask me if I still haven't been clear enough.....

Thanks very much!

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 12:59:15 AM »
To do this, you will need Firefox with Autoscroll for musicians add-on and you will need Flash (or someone that can create a swf file for you).
Install the add-on and export the seating chart to an HTML and place it on your desktop. On the bottom right corner of firefox, there is a music note. Click on it and set it to active, slide the slider all the way to the right to get a decent scroll speed. Open the seating chart in firefox and time how long it takes for the entire list to scroll through.
Create a Flash document, set the frames per second to 1. If your screen takes 35 seconds to scroll through all names or tables, insert a keyframe at frame 40 (5 seconds for players at bottom of list time to see their seat). Go to the actions panel and use the get URL command and enter the address of the HTML file you exported (on desktop). Save and publish this to your desktop (you only need the .swf file).
Next, edit the Tables export template C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2\templates and open up the tables export template with a html editor. Insert the swf file and set it's size to 1px X 1px. so it doesn't show up when on the screens.
Plenty of work, but I've already tied it out and it works..
Autoscroll link
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6515
After every seating change, go to the tables tab and export and overwrite the HTML file on your desktop.
The autoscroll will slowly scroll from top to bottom, and the swf file embedded will reload the pagfrom the top.
Hope I didnt leave anything out...

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:56:18 AM by jodybingo »

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 08:15:50 AM »
Wow.... that's what I call a detailed response! I will give this a shot for sure.... thanks very much