Author Topic: Prizes  (Read 1386 times)

Mac_09

• View Profile
Prizes
« on: December 12, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »
Is there a way to display a single prize amount without the text?  For example, if first place gets $500, I would like to display '$500' instead of '1st Place: $500'  which is what the <prize> token gives you.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Prizes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »
I believe you can stet this by modifying the messages.prizes.properties file in the lang folder of your TD3 install folder. If memory serves, it would be the rank descriptor line that would have to be modified.

The Meal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 06:17:19 PM »
Is there a way to display a single prize amount without the text?  For example, if first place gets $500, I would like to display '$500' instead of '1st Place: $500'  which is what the <prize> token gives you.

In the lower-right of my layout ( https://sites.google.com/site/feltclubpoker/Home/tournamentdirectorbackground ) I accomplish this with tags that look like:

<prize index="1" showName="false" showAmount="true" roundOff="true" showRecipient="true"> (though in the example image that last property has not come to fruition).

Mac_09

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:54:32 PM »
Thank guys, but neither one worked. 

Jody -  I am unable to edit messages.prizes.properties file.  What would I modify it to if I could?  Comment it out or set to blank?

Meal -  I tried using the <prize> token as you have defined, but the '1st Place:' text is still displaying.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 04:04:43 AM »
Is there a way to display a single prize amount without the text?  For example, if first place gets $500, I would like to display '$500' instead of '1st Place: $500'  which is what the <prize> token gives you.
If you go to the prizes tab, click and edit the 1st place prize. In the box, where it says "1st place" just delete the word place or 1st
This changes the display on the main screen so instead of displaying "1st place £500" it just shows as "1st £500" or just "£500". Then change the other prizes to suit your needs.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:54:15 AM by Mahound »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »

In the lower-right of my layout ( https://sites.google.com/site/feltclubpoker/Home/tournamentdirectorbackground ) I accomplish this with tags that look like:

<prize index="1" showName="false" showAmount="true" roundOff="true" showRecipient="true"> (though in the example image that last property has not come to fruition).

This will work, but only with version 3.  The "showName" attribute was added in version 3.