Author Topic: 10 player final table  (Read 2244 times)

ldg67

• View Profile
10 player final table
« on: November 12, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »
I run 9 player tables but want tournament director software to break down to a 10 player final table.  How do I set it to do so?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: 10 player final table
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »
Set up all the tables that you need to run as a 9 person table. Create one more table as a 10 person table. Make all ten seats as "Unavailable", so that nobody gets seated at that table. You don't have to have a physical table, however. Set your collapsing order so that the 10-seater is broken down last. When you get to 11, make all the seats available, so that when you get down to ten, they will break to that table.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

ldg67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:27:29 PM »
Hey, I just had an idea.  What if I made the last table in the collapsing order a 10 player table, but, made one seat unavailable, then, when we get to 11 players, make that seat available. So...... when we lose that 11'th player will the software suggest movement to the 10 player table?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 03:37:18 PM »
Yep, that should work.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
I can confirm that it works. I've done that same exact thing, but when I was first getting going. (Why didn't I remember that... Must be my "old age".... lol)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »
All good work-arounds.. but with such a wonderful full featured application as Tournament Director (thanks Corey!!) why not make it a seamless operation (I hate displaying TD director 'backroom' stuff to a room full of players), i.e. build in new functionality so that you can define a 'final table' in your tables which has as many seats as you define, you have the choice of using the table throughout the tournament (if the number of seats matches all your other tables) or reserve exclusively for final table, once the number of remaining players in the tournament reaches the number of defined seats of your 'final table' everyone gets moved to the table...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 11:57:53 AM »
You can mostly do this today, pretty seamlessly, with the exception of designating a table as "don't use until it's time for the final table".

You can designate a table as the final table.  On the Tables tab, press the "Collapse Order" button and move the table to the bottom "Collapse these tables last" list, and make sure the "In the order specified above" box is checked.

You can prevent an empty table from displaying on the Seating Chart screen.  Right-click the Seating Chart screen and select "Screen Properties".  Uncheck the box next to "Show empty tables".

You can prevent a table from being used by marking all of its seats as Unavailable.  I have on my to-do list for after 3.3 to add an option to mark a table as unavailable.  That will make it even easier.

Once you get down to 11 players (if your final table has 10 seats; otherwise "number of seats at the final table" plus 1), free that table up making all the seats available.  The next bust-out should move everyone to the final table.

The only caveat is that, if you free up those seats before you get down to 11 players, when players bust out it's possible the TD will suggest moving players to it IF it has more seats than your other tables.  In that case you can ignore the suggested movement.  Or undo the movement (there's an Undo button on the Tables tab) if you accidentally accept the movement.

It's not perfect, but it's not a lot of work.  I'll consider adding an option "Don't seat anyone at the final table until it's time for the final table".