Author Topic: Export of stats and summary made responsive  (Read 1971 times)

mcfrojd

• View Profile
Export of stats and summary made responsive
« on: July 16, 2012, 09:36:15 AM »
Found something very interesting at http://css-tricks.com/examples/ResponsiveTables/responsive.php
I think this would be a great feature to implement on the export of stats and summary.

If someone not so hangover as me wants to take a look at this it would be great.
Othervice ill take a look when i come round.
(Last day of vacation today, so tomorrow i need to be on my feet again.) :-)

mcfrojd

• View Profile
Re: Export of stats and summary made responsive
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:58:39 AM »
Looks like its a lot of html code that i cant impact regarding export of stats.
A lot of the table and cell's formating seems to be controlled from someware else then StatsExport.html

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »
I love that site.  But I have to be honest and tell you that CSS mostly mystifies me.  For what it's worth, I do plan on converting the TD to use IE's standards mode, which would allow a lot more CSS tricks and HTML5 features.  I'm not sure yet I'll be able to accomplish this, but it's on my to-do list.

StatsExport.html has the CSS directly in the page.  I didn't want any of the exported files to be dependent on a separate stylesheet.  Makes them less portable.  But as always, you are free to modify the included template or use your own.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
I tried using the responsive table CSS in the StatsExport.html file, but was unsuccessful.  Not sure what I missed.  When the window was resized to a smaller size (like a portable device would be), the data overlapped on a single row instead of multiple rows.  Regardless, the way the TD exports today using templates will make this difficult, if not impossible.  Recently I've been digging into the reporting feature I've been planning for some time now, and I believe it will be far more powerful than exports are today, and make integration of this type possible.

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:17:11 AM »
Yea i ended up with similar problem when i tried it.
Looking forward to see / hear about this new feature.