Author Topic: 2.6 b2 Player Export/Print  (Read 3917 times)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
2.6 b2 Player Export/Print
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »
Hi found another issue

When attempting to print or export from the players tab, the error unable to load HTML Template

Stu
Stuart Murray

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: 2.6 b2 Player Export/Print
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »
Check Preferences Tab>Config Files and check to see if all your files are pointing to a valid html doc

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:20:16 AM »
hmm strange the default config file points to data\templates\playerexport.html but TD2 looks for it in data\saves\templates\playerexport.html

I copied the html file into the target it looks for an it is working but preferences is still set for the path data\templates\

Stu
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »
BUG.  I will fix this for 2.6 beta 3.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »
cool,

I've also picked up that the default files are not being loaded, with the exception of default tournament and layout, events, schedule and chips are not loading using the defaults specified in preferences>config files

My agent is using a different laptop now and he is experiencing the rhythmic CPU 100% usage that you described at release.  It is actually affecting quite badly the tournament clock, which can often go 6-10 seconds without the countdown changing, I am unable to explain it either, as up until this point I have never saw any problem with TD using so much resource on tens of laptops and computers owned by different people, my own laptop only uses around 18% cpu.

Stu
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:02:05 PM by stuamurr »
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »
I've also picked up that the default files are not being loaded, with the exception of default tournament and layout, events, schedule and chips are not loading using the defaults specified in preferences>config files

If you have a Default Tournament, because tournament files contain rounds, prizes, chips, etc, the other default files won't be loaded.  The exception is the default layout, which will be loaded regardless of whether you have a default tournament specified.  (I also just tested all of them and they seem to work.)

My agent is using a different laptop now and he is experiencing the rhythmic CPU 100% usage that you described at release.  It is actually affecting quite badly the tournament clock, which can often go 6-10 seconds without the countdown changing, I am unable to explain it either, as up until this point I have never saw any problem with TD using so much resource on tens of laptops and computers owned by different people, my own laptop only uses around 18% cpu.

I'm not sure how to feel about this.  On the one hand I guess it's good to know I'm not crazy :) but since no one else thus far had seen this issue I was hoping it was a unique problem.  Hopefully this will be fixed in a newer version of IE or Windows Script - a version that has not yet been pushed out to my WinXP box.  I was just recently able to test the software on a new PC, with an Intel I7 870 @ 3GHz.  The software screams, which is very encouraging.  When you can't code it out, throw more hardware at it.  :)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 12:14:45 PM »
ha ha love that comment it's along the lines of "If in doubt hit it with a clout"

TBA the computer to me seems a tad old anyway it's running XP so it may just a case that a. the updates are needing done to install the latest explorer version or b. it's a crap laptop that can't cope, but even my old desktop runs pretty smooth on XP and 1gb of memory and it's about 10 years old.

Stu

Stuart Murray

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
One solution I've done at times with my desktop, and my laptop, is to allocate a GB or 2 of the hard drive as RAM. Seems to keep performance up for me. Might work for you too.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 10:32:29 AM »
Got it!  I believe I have fixed the high/rhythmic CPU usage problem.  This one has been really eating at me for a long time, and has made me very reluctant to release 2.6.  I can't tell you what a relief it is to have finally nailed it.

The software now starts faster and runs smoother.

stuarmurr: since you are the only other person who has confirmed this issue, I would really appreciate if you could try 2.6 beta 3 on the same machine (when I release it, of course).

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 10:47:10 AM »
will do corey, I found another resolution to the problem on that laptop by using a basic screen design from my early days of TD.  the green welcome to... screen obviously uses so much more resources up, but i will try it out soonish

Stuart
Stuart Murray