Author Topic: Program dialogue window error  (Read 2887 times)

MrMalone

• View Profile
Program dialogue window error
« on: May 06, 2006, 03:16:58 PM »
I'm running windows Xp Sp2 and I don't get any information to show in the dialogue windows that pop up for anything in Tournament director 2.0 or 2.11.  I try to close the program, i just get an empty window with a close
  • in the top right and that's it.  I have to ctrl+alt+del to close the program down and I can make no adjustments.  I've tried reinstalling and nothing seems to work.

I noticed right from the start that when a tournament ended, the tournament wouldn't actually "end" for some time.  Every time i would fiddle around and eventually get the stats page to register the tournament we just finished.  To me it seems pretty buggy.  Any suggestions?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Program dialogue window error
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 03:24:14 PM »
This isn't due to bugs in the Tournament Director.  It's got to do with your Windows, Internet Explorer, and Windows Script configuration.  You might try some of the suggestions given in other posts in the forums.  Try reinstalling Windows Script.  Or re-registering the various IE DLLs.

I am curious, though, how you managed to get players into your tournament (and your database) if no information shows in any of the dialogs.

MrMalone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 03:50:34 PM »
I just loaded an older tournament i think.  I do have the new IE 7 beta and that probably changed things.  I don't know how to load/unload dll's and stuff.  I'll look around on the forums i guess.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 03:55:21 PM »
IE 7 isn't supported.

MrMalone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 04:24:19 PM »
Hi, well I loaded the windows script for xp that was a link on a previous post.  Everything seems to work now.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 01:40:53 PM »
Well that's good news.  Hopefully the solution will work for other IE7 users who experience similar problems.