Author Topic: latest download problem  (Read 2005 times)

bigbee

• View Profile
latest download problem
« on: February 16, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
Corey since I downloaded the latest download for tournament director, I am having a problem with escaping off the tournament screen when I have to reset the final table and reset the players in their seats.  The program won't let me escape so I can get to the table screen to eliminate players out of the tournament that has made the final table.  Never had a problem before I downloaded the latest version.  I have Windows 7.  Is there another way of getting to the tables screen from the timer screen to do this?

Brian

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: latest download problem
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »
If I'm understanding you right, bigbee, you open up the settings window to the Tables tab, and the window doesn't go away?  You should be able to hit the <F1> key to remove it if <Esc> isn't working, I believe. if not <F1>, then <F2>
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:27:07 AM »
Is that the problem?  Pressing ESC doesn't open/close the Settings window?

F1 is also mapped to do that by default.  And you can create or update your own Hotkey mappings on the Hotkeys tab.  Don't forget you can always right-click and select "Settings" to open the Settings window.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 11:35:37 AM »
From your second topic about this:

Ever since I down loaded the latest update my count down clock now skips every 2 to 4 seconds for every second making the rounds go faster than what it is set for.  I also  am having problems with not being able to escape off the tournament screen.  I posted earlier about this and someone said that the F1 or F2 keys should work and they don't.  I can't even default escape off the screen to adjust tables as they fall out of the tournament.  We had our league night tonight and these are the problems I am having.  Never had a problem before the latest download was loaded.  I have been using this program for 5-6 years now.  Could something loaded wrong with the download or is there any other thing I can do to fix this?

One thing many people fail to disclose in situations like these: when did you last use the program (before upgrading it)?  For example, let's assume you had version 2.5.3 installed, for the sake of discussion.  Did you last use it, say, a month ago and then start it up last week, see there was an new version, download and install the new version, then see the problem?  This would make it seem like upgrading caused the issue.  But I ask because the likelihood of this being a problem with version 2.5.11 is slim to none.  Is it possible that version 2.5.3, which you had not used in a month, was already experiencing this problem?  Apparently not the last time you ran it, but that was a month ago.  Since then, your PC has probably changed.  And quite possibly this affected the TD (regardless of version).  This is of course just speculation, but the point is it might be environmental.

So, first, go to the Hotkeys tab and look for the ESC key and/or F1 key.  Is it mapped?  They should both be mapped to the "Open/Close Settings Window" Action.  Regardless, if you haven't created any custom mappings, the best thing to do would be to reset the hotkey settings by pressing the "Reset Hotkeys" button on the left.  Then try pressing ESC.

Second, you say the "count down clock now skips every 2 to 4 seconds for every second making the rounds go faster than what it is set for".  Others have seen behavior like this, so this is a very real problem, albeit rare.  But to be clear, the count down clock is likely not going faster than it should.  It is possible that it is not always displaying each update to the screen properly, but the clock is run off of your PC's clock, so in order for the TD clock to countdown any faster would require that your PC's clock be running fast.  (Let me backstep and say that I'm giving the most likely scenarios; anything is possible, really, so maybe the clock is counting down faster.)

What version of Windows are you using?  What version of IE?  Is it possible there's something else running on your PC that's consuming CPU resources?  Without CPU power, the TD might have to update the screen at a lower rate.