Author Topic: Sharing your layouts  (Read 32748 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sharing your layouts
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:42:24 AM »
First, let me just say there are some really fantastic layouts that have been posted and shared here.  Some of you have done some things with the software I never even realized was possible.  Thanks to everyone who has shared their work with others, I'm sure everyone appreciates your hard work.

I'd like to make some of these layouts a little more accessible to others, with your permission of course.  To that end, I'd like to post your layouts on a dedicated page on the main Tournament Director site, where everyone can easily see them, download and try them out.  So if you have a layout you're willing to share, attach it to a post, or send it to me via email (support@thetournamentdirector.net), or send a personal message to me, however you want to get it to me, and I'll package it up and post it on the main site.

Some pointers:
- The best way to share a layout is to use the Export function on the Layout tab.  This will create a ZIP file with everything your layout needs, including any images it uses.
- Include your name: full name, nickname, or forum name, or share it anonymously, it's up to you.
- Include any other information about the layout that you think is relevant (or none, again, it's up to you).
- If you've already posted your layout somewhere in the forums, a link to the relevant topic is fine

After I get a few together I'll set up a page that should make it a little easier for others to use some of these great layouts.

Karpro

• View Profile
Re: Sharing your layouts
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 04:13:43 PM »
Anything ever become of this idea?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 10:27:13 PM »
I've gotten a few, but I haven't had time to really do much with them yet.  Although I didn't say this in the original message, in my head this was tied more to the release of 2.6.  In 2.6, layout design is a little simpler (no more property sets, only property groups), more powerful (more detailed logic can be used), and easier (drag-and-drop on the layout tab).  I've also added a few other features, such as the ability to import parts of one layout into another.

Once 2.6 is (finally) released, I'll spend some time on this.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »
There are some hidden buttons, mouse-over some of the words and click, ajust to your liking. ( Even rounds might need set ) 1280x800  And May The Flop Be With You :D  ;D
Another excellent Background and Great Layout Timmer

mojojojo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »
i tried to load this into the layout, but it said there was a problem with the lay out. any ideas?

all i did was go to the "layout" tab and click "load layout" when i got that message......

TIMMER

• View Profile

mojojojo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 03:13:22 PM »
i got the layout to load, but now it tells me that the jpg image for the background can't download. it says the image is no longer available or that the site is no longer there.

can you re-up this image? seems like the site hosting it is down.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 03:55:18 PM »
Here you go.            Sorry i forgot to take a black blank out, of the early pic i posted, i use Corey logo cause i dont think you want mine lol  :D if you look under the chips in the pic above you will see it... this pic is without, sorry again......TIMMER
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:15:29 AM by TIMMER »

davidator

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:24:47 PM »
Thank you TD! Your software is great and offers plenty of possibility, the last two weeks, all wanted to achieve was already in my computer! I succeeded, thanks to your forum, to develop a sytem membership card with 2D barcode scanner, generating a ticket to give their seats to players and today,  I tested the creation of template. So here's my contribution. I ll put a video soon to show the entire system in place
 Thank you again for this app!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 10:04:09 PM »
David - if you're ever in need of help, don't feel afraid to ask for it - there a lot of us, Corey included, who are usually checking the boards on a constant basis and able to provide help. Looks like you have a sharp layout.. Looks very nice :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

davidator

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 07:03:13 AM »
Thank you! if I have a problem, I will not hesitate to ask for help
.For the moment, lot of problems have been resolved by lot of answers on your forums!

Tonyo1977

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »
Est-il possible de créer une vidéo permettant de mettre vos images sur notre logiciel...? Car je n'y arrive pas...
Merci d'avance!

Is it possible to create a video to put your images on our software ...? Because I can not do it ...
Thank you in advance!

Chris_A

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 05:58:56 AM »
Using some inspiration and blatant copying  ::) from other layouts posted on the forums, i've come up with this. It took a several hours to learn the html and get everything positioned correctly and the coding might not be very efficient but it's simple enough that it can be manually adjusted without much knowledge of html! Now that i've learnt a few tricks, i'm looking forward to making some really funky layouts for future tournaments.

The background image was created in MS Paint and Word, the font used was downloaded from one of the free websites and it has all been set to the screensize of my laptop 1440x768. If anyone wants the bits and pieces plus instructions on how to modify it, they are welcome to it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:03:12 AM by Chris_A »

Tonyo1977

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 06:46:01 AM »
Very nice!

I want it! :p

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »
Export the layout and post it.  With your permission (and enough time), I'll add it to the software.