Author Topic: Player movement Wrong seating on Screen  (Read 2874 times)

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
Player movement Wrong seating on Screen
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:34:46 AM »
I just found one little fuck up bug and kind of funny at the sametime.

I just sat down the 347 players remaining for the Day 2 of our Event #1, using the suggest movement option on the Table TAB.  Before i seat everyone i created 40 tables but i needed only 39 since its a 9 way on day 2.
The bug is on the screen its shows the right seat with the right name.

All my table are in numerical order and they are named 17-18-19... and up to 34 then 49 up to 70.  i already selected the collapse order which will be 34 and down to 17 then 70 down.  So table 34 is in the middle of all the table in the table Tab.

I press suggest movement, TD sat down everyone and none on 34 because of the collapse order. Everything is good on the screen, right name and the right seat. Then i deleted table 34 since i don't need it.

Now the Suggest movement on the screen show all the players on 70 to be at no table and just the seat, all players on 68 are now at the same seat but on 69, all 67 on 68 and so on down to the table before where 34 was.  I can see its simply because the order of theses table moves in the Table TAB.  All others table from 17 to 33 was fine.

I create table 34 (which appear at the end of the list of table. and everyone on 70 appear on screen at 34. i Sort the Tables in numerical order so table 34 goes back where it was and all name came back at right seats.

Sorry if its a long explication but, i wanted to make sure you got all the information on how i found it and how you can reproduce it yourself so you can understand and fix it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player movement Wrong seating on Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:31:43 PM »
I have to admit I'm not quite following this.  Are you seeing the weirdness on the Seating Chart screen, or on the Tables tab?

I press suggest movement, TD sat down everyone and none on 34 because of the collapse order. Everything is good on the screen, right name and the right seat. Then i deleted table 34 since i don't need it.

Now the Suggest movement on the screen show all the players on 70 to be at no table and just the seat, all players on 68 are now at the same seat but on 69, all 67 on 68 and so on down to the table before where 34 was.  I can see its simply because the order of theses table moves in the Table TAB.  All others table from 17 to 33 was fine.

At this point "Suggest Movement" should not suggest anything, since you've got 39 tables, all full except for 4 of them which have 8 players (35 * 9 - 4 = 347).  So the tables are balanced.

I create table 34 (which appear at the end of the list of table. and everyone on 70 appear on screen at 34. i Sort the Tables in numerical order so table 34 goes back where it was and all name came back at right seats.

So it sounds like whatever you saw, internally the software had everything right but something was not displayed correctly.  Still not sure where you're seeing the weirdness.

Sorry if its a long explication but, i wanted to make sure you got all the information on how i found it and how you can reproduce it yourself so you can understand and fix it.

Long is good.  Always.

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 11:14:33 PM »
My bad for the Explanation, it was 4am after a 16h shift lol

My four Day 1 are over, i kept only the last 347 players who qualified for the day 2 over the 1439 Players Totals.

I export the name of each day 1 and then import them into a new tournament which will be my Day 2.

I have all the name in the unseat column. I need 39 Table 9 way for the 347 But by error i had 40 open. I then Press Suggest movement to have a random seating for everyone for the Day 2. Doing it this way allow me to have the Players movement Screen to show everyone their seat on every Screen in the place. at that point there is no problem or error on the screen nor on the Table table.

The error occur (and only on the screen) when i delete table 34 which is empty.

For the Table TAB, it make no difference, every players are at the right seat, i have 39 table  full (except for the 4 seat) and 34 is gone. But the screen that was showing all the seat change the way i was describing it. All name on the screen that was Showing 70 seat 1, 70 seat 2, 70 seat 3..... are now showing as  (empty space) seat 1, (empty space) seat 2.....

everyone that is on the Table TAB on table 69 that was showing  69 seat 1, 69 seat 2, 69 seat 3.... are now shown as 70 seat 1, 70 seat 2.....

All the way like that for all table that was after table 34 in the Table TAB. Because when i deleted table 34 all subsequent table have move one space to the left and up in the Table TAB.

Let me try to give you and much simple example

You have Table 1, Table 2 and Table 3. You set your collapse order this way   Table 2 then 3 then 1 (first to collapse)

You have 18 players (you are in 9 ways)  in the unseat column, you press suggest movement to seat everyone randomly and have the movement on the screen. The program will seat everyone on table 1 and 3 and leave table 2 empty.

Now on your screen you see the names and the seat where the players are right now. You leave the screen on Players movement. Delete Table 2 (which is empty)

Your table 3 in the Table TAB will move to the left to as usual when you delete a table. All players that was on table 3 are still there at the same table and same seat. But if you look at your screen you gonna see all that was was with Table 3 seat 1,2,3 are now  (empty space) seat 1, 2, 3 ..... But table 1 Still good on the screen.

Same thing having Table 1 2 3 4 and 5, Table 3 is empty. you move the player on 1 2 4 and 5 then you delete table 3 which will be empty and you will see all name on 5 become (empty space) seat 1, 2....  and all name on 4 become table 5 seat 1, table 5 seat 2.....

Table 1 and 2 remain the same on the screen because they have not move in the table TAB.

I hope this is more clear

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 11:13:41 AM »
Ahhhh.... took me a little while to reproduce it, but I got it.  Part of the problem is that deleting a table didn't cause the Player Movement screen to update automatically.  And frankly there's no reason that deleting a table should cause it to update, because nothing should be affected.  But after deleting the table and refreshing the screen I see the issue.  If you press the "Show Last Balance" button you'll see it there, too.

Thanks for taking the time to thoroughly describe the problem.  I'll certainly fix this for the next release.

Asegzamfire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »
If you press the "Show Last Balance" button you'll see it there, too.
Yes we got it also when we are going on the final table, we suggest movement on the last two table to move all players on the final table. Then we delete the empty one and you can see empty table on the screen and the seat. Same when you print it after you delete it as you said in the show last balance.

Thanks for taking the time to thoroughly describe the problem.  I'll certainly fix this for the next release.
always happy to help!!!