Author Topic: Points vs Score vs Overall Score  (Read 1487 times)

punsterr

• View Profile
Points vs Score vs Overall Score
« on: October 22, 2011, 04:31:53 AM »
I have a 14-game "season" format for my tourneys.  At the end of the season, the top ten finishers will play at "The Final Table."

Under Game, Points for Playing formula is: 10*sqrt(n)/sqrt(r)*4.162
Under Stats, Tournament Scoring formula is: 10*sqrt(n)/sqrt(r)*4.162
Under Stats, Overall Scoring formula is: sum(top(10, scores))

Under ordinary circumstances, first place Points for a 16-person tourney would be 166.48 and second place Points would be 117.72.  The Chops function is causing me some major headaches.  If first and second decide to chop, doing a 50% split on the total first/second place cash works just fine.  But... my understanding is that due to my formula for Tournament Scoring, I can't do an automatic Points Chop on the Chops screen... so both first and second get 166.48 Points.  I then edit the first and second place Player screens to Adjust Points By -24.38 (to get to 142.10, the average of the first and second place Points).  This adjustment gets me to the right Points for the first and second place finishers.  However, their Overall Score is still showing 166.48 each (the unadjusted Points total).  

The issue is likely related to the fact that the Scores value used in my Overall Score doesn't account for the adjustment to Points for the Chop.

How do I adjust the Tournament Score to reflect the "adjusted" Points after manual Points adjustments? Or do I need to change the way I'm manually adjusting the Points for Chops?

---------------

To answer my own question:

SOYYYYYYYYYYYY UN PERDADOR....I'M A LOSER BABY, SO WHY DON'T YOU KILL ME....

Changed Tournament Scoring formula to "points". 

I'll leave this message out here, because someday, some other Loser like me will benefit from this knowledge.  : )
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:11:27 PM by punsterr »

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Points vs Score vs Overall Score
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »
LOL :D :D

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 12:25:16 AM »
LMAO! seeing this made my night after a long shift at work. Glad to hear you figured it out!
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »
Hey, thanks for leaving this post here; it just got me out of a bind!!