Author Topic: Hitman Points - Formula  (Read 1926 times)

cato

• View Profile
Hitman Points - Formula
« on: November 07, 2009, 07:45:08 AM »
I would like som help with writing a formula for Hitman Points.

I want to give the player with the most hits (needs to have more thans 3 hits during the tournament) to get 2 additional ponts. If two players have the same ammount of hits (lets say 4, the player with the highest place in the tournament of the two should get the extra points.)

Appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 07:49:05 AM by cato »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hitman Points - Formula
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »
You can write a formula to award additional points for players with more than 3 hits, but Formulas are "per-person" and cannot compare values against other players.  Therefore, you can't use the formula to award points to only a single player based on their number of hits - the formula will award those points to any (and all) players who have the qualifying number of hits.

I can't think of any way to do this automatically; I think you'll have to do it manually.  You can either create a prize for this (set the recipient to "manual" and then use the Override section to award the prize once you know who will win it), or you can simply adjust the recipient's points (edit the player on the Players tab and enter the adjustment there).

cato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 05:09:28 AM »
Thanks for you responce. Will update it manually in stead.

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 05:49:09 AM »
You can write a formula to award additional points for players with more than 3 hits, but Formulas are "per-person" and cannot compare values against other players.  Therefore, you can't use the formula to award points to only a single player based on their number of hits - the formula will award those points to any (and all) players who have the qualifying number of hits.

I can't think of any way to do this automatically; I think you'll have to do it manually.  You can either create a prize for this (set the recipient to "manual" and then use the Override section to award the prize once you know who will win it), or you can simply adjust the recipient's points (edit the player on the Players tab and enter the adjustment there).

Hi, I am interested in this formula that awards additional points for player with some predefined number of hits. How to write this formula?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 08:33:38 AM »

Hi, I am interested in this formula that awards additional points for player with some predefined number of hits. How to write this formula?

Say you want to award five points to anyone that has earned at least 3 hits. Somewhere in your formula, you want this part to be in to do this: + if(nh >= 3, 5)

You can change the numbers to how you want, so if you want 2 points for 7 hits achieved, it becomes +if(nh >=7, 2).
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 08:35:46 AM »
Maybe this thread http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=3238.0 will point you in the right direction.

Oops, should have known the Magic Man would get there ahead of me!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:37:53 AM by T-Bone »
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »
ok. Thanks, I will try it.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 11:30:59 AM »
Maybe this thread http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=3238.0 will point you in the right direction.

Oops, should have known the Magic Man would get there ahead of me!

No worries, TB! The more, the merrier, in my books at least :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!