Author Topic: Version 2.3 Beta 2  (Read 18909 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Version 2.3 Beta 2
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 09:33:48 AM »
Good point.  I've added "numberofscores" and "s" as the number of scores/tournaments a player has played.

And would it be possible to pop up the list of variables when you're entering in the overall score dialog (like is done in the points for playing dialog)?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  For Overall Score(s), there is currently only access to the number of tournaments (that passed the filter), and the scores for the particular player.  On the Overall Scores dialog, you can enter values for those items in order to test your formula(s).  Is there something missing?

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 09:55:34 AM »
Don't have it in front of me at the moment, so I'm going from memory.

Let's say I wanted to implement a formula which accounted for three items.

1. Number of tournaments played (ratio to the total number of tournaments)

2. Number of times finished in the money.

3. Number of wins.

Assuming that's possible, to look up the variables for items 2 & 3 I'd have to exit out of the dialog box and look them up in the help.  Just wondering if there was a way to avoid that.  It's not a big deal if it's a pain.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 12:06:44 PM »
Ah, you can't *quite* do that yet.

I eventually want to add to the Overall Score formula access to variables that you would see for a particular player on the Stats page, such as "Rebuys Count", "Average Hits", "Times Placed", etc, etc, etc.  But I wanted to get this feature out so those additional items have not yet been added.

At the moment, the idea is that you'll create a Score for a player for each tournament.  Creating a Score is almost exactly like "Points for Playing" - you've got access to basically everything about that player for that tournament, as well as tournament data.  The Overall Score is some manipulation of those Scores, but you can't pull in other data just yet in computing the Overall Score.

You COULD compute the Score in terms of whether or not the player won and/or whether or not the player finished in the money.  Then use the Overall Score to sum up (or some other calculation of) the player's Scores for each tournament.

So, for example, let's say you wanted a player's Overall Score to be the "(number of money finishes + (number of wins * 3)) * (number of tournaments played / total tournaments)".  I have no idea if this is a good formula to use, I'm just making it up...

To do this, set the Score formula to:

m + if(rank == 1, 3, 0)

Then set the Overall Score formula to:

sum(scores) * (count(scores) / n)

or

sum(scores) * (s / n)

... after the next beta is released (since s will be automatically set to the number of scores a player has)

If the Overall Score formula had access to a player's statistics, you could just write one Overall Score formula that did the same thing, like this:

(timesPlaced + (first * 3)) * (s / n)

I hope that makes sense.  This is a fairly complicated feature...

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »
Corey on the "Playing Time" Stat I have a few tournaments that show a very long time for the winner.
Here is part of the action summary for one of them...

8:33:07 pm 5/21/2007:Player X busted out
12:09:11 pm 5/22/2007: Tournament ended

12:09:11 pm 5/22/2007: Total pot: 3,000.00
12:09:11 pm 5/22/2007: Player X ranked 1st, etc...

I know for a fact that the tournament ended and was saved, because another tournament ran 26 minutes later.
Any ideas?

UPDATE:
I went into the "adjust player rankings" list and "adjusted" the tournament end time... Is there a way to "enter" the time instead of having to index it backward?

Still no idea why it was like this in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:41:48 PM by UPT »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 01:56:26 PM »
Usually you get into a situation like this if you have to correct something after a tournament is over.  Like say you busted out the wrong player at the end, and the wrong player "won".  So you undo the final bust-out and then bust out the correct player.  If you discover this error and thus correct it hours after the tournament ended, you'll see that the final bust-out (and consequently the end of the tournament) are set to when you performed the bust-out in the software, and not when the actual bust-out occurred.

However, what is strange is that the final bust-out time and the tournament end time were not the same.  They should be.  (Technically, the tournament end happens a few milliseconds later, but that's just for sorting purposes.)  I don't know how they managed to be so far apart in the case of your tournament...

The reason the date "counter" (with increment/decrement buttons) is used instead of allowing you to input a date string is (a) so the value "entered" is always a valid value, and I didn't have to worry about parsing times and dates, issuing error messages when the format is wrong, etc; and (b) because usually when these values need to be adjusted, it is only by seconds or minutes - not hours or days.

Again, not sure what happened in your case, but I think it was a weird, special case.  I doubt you'd ever have to adjust any times by that much again...

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 11:33:29 AM »
Fair enough... All's well in the end.

The program is looking real solid.. thanks again Corey!