Author Topic: Bounty Point on Stats Screen ??  (Read 6766 times)

Lion Poker Club

• View Profile
Bounty Point on Stats Screen ??
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:20:38 PM »
I've been using TD for about five years now.  One thing I have always had an issue with are BOUNTY POINTS.  Once I finally figured you could add our bounty bonus point through NEW PRIZE, I was more than happy.

HOWEVER....

I went back to all previous 17 matches, and adjusted the new prize for bounty for each match.  Saved.  Went to final match and refreshed tournys on the stats page.  I was hoping to see the total of all bounty points for each player.  I went to COLUMNS and added all bounty-related columns in hopes to catch the tally.  No luck.

Am I missing a step?  I'm sure it is very easy, and I've just overlooked it all these years. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty Point on Stats Screen ??
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:17:56 AM »
"Bounty chips" and Prizes that are a bounty on a particular player are not the same thing.  Neither are "bounty chips" and "points".  So is it possible you are confusing the 3?

Bounty chips are chips that are bought by players at buy-in or rebuy.  A player can buy a single bounty chip for a given amount of money, or none.  Bounty chips are awarded from a busted-player to the player who busted them.  Columns on the Players and Stats tabs keep track of how many bounties a player won, how many they kept (if they didn't get busted out, and thus kept their own bounty chip), and how much bounty money they won.

Points are awarded based on the Points for Playing formula, and a few other fields on the Game tab.  They are separate from bounty chips.

Prizes usually award pot money to players who achieve a specific rank, but also may award Points, and may be awarded to players who bust out other players (these are Bounty prizes).  They are separate from Bounty chips.

Lion Poker Club

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:55:52 PM »
Corey,

I'll try to be more detailed.

Each night, the winner from the previous week is deemed BOUNTY.  Once the prizes for the night are declared, we add a bounty point and award it to the person who knocks that player out.  The received 1 point for the bounty.  In our league, we currently use a point system that I have saved templates for.  We also award a half point (.5) for each hit.

When we look at the stats after each match, the cumulative point total includes the ranking points + hit points.  It does not include the bonus 1 point for taking out the bounty.

How do I get the stats table to show bounty points and add it to the cumulative point total, without having to do it manually on excel after exporting?

Thank you - I hope that helps explain my situation.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »
If you make the prize and lock it, then you could re-open the tourney (if need be) and see who won it. And if you do it that way, you should be able to use the prizes token to show it.... Unless I'm mistaken
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 02:56:19 PM »
Any Prizes awarded, for points are added up in the POINTS there is no bounty points token yet so check your points it in there. You can go to your Prizes add the token for prize from there you can display just that prize and call it bounty or what ever just edit that number of your prize, and just  showpoints ect but on the STATS not yet. kinda like    <prize index="4" showRecipient="true" showpoints="true">
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:06:59 PM by TIMMER »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
Each night, the winner from the previous week is deemed BOUNTY.  Once the prizes for the night are declared, we add a bounty point and award it to the person who knocks that player out.  The received 1 point for the bounty.

How are you "adding a bounty point"?

Lion Poker Club

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 02:01:49 PM »
I've been adding the Bounty Point the old fashion way....on excel after exporting it.  However, I have gone back through the season and added the NEW PRIZE bounty function.  So yes, the bounty - like our hit points - is added into the POINT column.  It would just be nice to see the bounties won column actually calculate the total number of bounties won.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »
Any points that are awarded via a prize are added to the player's Points total. If you create a prize on the Prizes tab that includes a value in the prize's Points field, whomever wins that prize will have that points value added to his/her Points.  Are you sure the prize has been awarded?  On the Prizes tab, look in the "Awarded to" column.  If no player is listed in that column, then the prize has not been awarded.  Since the state of the tournament is recalculated when you add a prize, and when you load a tournament, if there is no player listed in the "Awarded to" column, I would suspect the prize is not configured properly.

If there IS a player in that column, then the player has been awarded the prize and has received any points associated with it.

Lion Poker Club

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »
The players do show in the AWARD to column, so I know they're getting it.  I would really just like to have one of the multiple BOUNTY related columns in the stats to be able to calculate and show the number of bounties won; like the bounties won column for instance. 

Example: I personally have claimed 2 bounties this year.  My bonus points are now added into my point column.  That's fine.  However, when I add the Bounties Won column, it shows zeros all the way down.  Do I have to enter a formula in order for those to appear in that column when in in the STATS page?

I sincerely appreciate everyone's assistance and feedback

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 09:30:36 PM »
I see what you mean all mine shows $0.00

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 10:13:44 PM »
Example: I personally have claimed 2 bounties this year.  My bonus points are now added into my point column.  That's fine.  However, when I add the Bounties Won column, it shows zeros all the way down.  Do I have to enter a formula in order for those to appear in that column when in in the STATS page?

That's because those columns refer to bounty chips.  Bounty prizes are a different thing.  I know, confusing terminology, but that's just the way it is.  Some people call tournaments with bounty chips "headhunter" tournaments, some call them "bounty" tournaments.  I'm sure there are other names as well.  In the case of the TD, there are bounty chips and there are bounty prizes.  Bounty prizes are not tallied in any special way.

Lion Poker Club

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
With that response, would the following be the best way to set up a bounty point show on the stats???

Add a bounty chip to the player who is a bounty for the night?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »
Yeah, I suppose that would work.

luigy22

• View Profile
    • Sonora Real Estate
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 02:11:16 PM »
Any news on this matter? I just added bounty points and have the same problem to see how many bountys people have won during a season. Points are ok.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 10:33:05 PM »
There's really no way to track what type of prizes players win.  In other words, if you award a bounty prize (a prize created on the Prizes tab), there's just no way, through the Stats, to track who won that specific prize.