Author Topic: Strange  (Read 1769 times)

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
Strange
« on: March 31, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »
Could be me but these prizes do not add up, looked through everything and can not sort it.
Perhaps fresh eyes might se the problem.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
Re: Strange
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 12:22:55 PM »
pic

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 12:42:53 PM »
OK, I tried everything to get this sorted, As it happens it was only a little tourny so I re-did all the prizes and it works.

This was a modified prizes, I brought an old template in and adjusted it to suit.
After a while I tried it again and got the same fault.

Might cause problems for people running big tourneys, to be honest I only noticed it when I ran a mock tourney, I know
it shows the fault on the prizes tab.
For some reason it wanted to pay what was there in the prizes tab plus £2 to 3rd and £15 to fourth.

Not sure when I made the prizes template might have been before the last big update.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 08:45:46 PM »
Definitely a bug.  Good catch.  But luckily it is unlikely to affect many people.  I'll issue a patch to fix it soon, hopefully this weekend.

The problem is, I believe (I haven't yet had a chance to look closely at the code), each prize has an internal "computed amount" that is the ultimate prize amount.  When the prize is set to non-monetary, it has no monetary value, so the "computed amount" is not computed.  Unfortunately it appears that when set to non-monetary this amount is also not set to zero as it should be.  Thus, if you set a prize to a Fixed amount (say, 100) and then change it to a Non-monetary prize, its internal "computed amount" is still set to 100 and not reset to 0.

To fix this when you see this issue, edit the prize, set its Amount type to "Fixed" and set the amount to 0 (press OK to close the Prize dialog).  Then edit the prize again and set it to "Non-monetary".

Again, good catch.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 05:50:10 AM »
Cheers Corey

As ever very fast responce.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »
Patch released to fix this for 3.0, 3.1, and 3.1.1.  Easy fix but ran into a snag with the patch itself that took some time to figure out.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »
It updates auto, i think.