Author Topic: "Sound Advice" for laptop users...  (Read 5097 times)

flushmynutz

• View Profile
    • Outdoor Poker Tour
"Sound Advice" for laptop users...
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:13:21 AM »
My little laptop speakers couldn't be heard with any kind of game going on, plugging in external speakers helped, but still wasn't enough... plugged the laptop into a FM modulator for an MP3 player - viola, wireless sound with all the volume!

DaveBullets

• View Profile
Re: "Sound Advice" for laptop users...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 04:00:57 AM »
Yeah, the volume is bad in laptops, so all you need is the FM modulator? or do you need an mp3 player as well?

Where can I get the FM modulator and how much does it run for?

flushmynutz

• View Profile
    • Outdoor Poker Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 11:30:11 AM »
All you need is the modulator... as far as it (the modulator) knows - your computer IS the mp3 player - you can buy them about anywhere that sells electronics, I bought one at the local wall-mart for about $12 - works fine! - I haven't tried it yet, but I suppose you could reverse a "y" adapter into the fm modulator and hook up an mp3 player or satellite radio receiver - and  have ambient music and your TD sounds through the same system - I'll probably give it a try at this weeks game.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 03:51:30 AM »
So you plugged the fm modulator into the phone jack of the lap top?  If so, is that all you need to do?

flushmynutz

• View Profile
    • Outdoor Poker Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 04:57:49 PM »
Ummm..."phone jack" - if you mean the headphone jack, yes - and rather than the "Y" adapter, I found a commercial-free internet radio station that lets you program your own station, I set the music level at about 50%, set the TD sounds at about 85% and it worked great - a nice level of background music during the tourney, with the TD sounds coming over the top of the music just enough to be clearly heard! - It was a big hit with everyone at the game.

lukechris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 04:44:43 AM »
I simply use a wire like this one below

It is simply a 3.5mm Headphone jack and at the other end is an RGB.
I then plug the 3.5mm Jack into my laptop and the other end in my stereo, or even in the front of my tv and i put the tv on AV mode

Hope that helps
Luke
Luke, 2007