Author Topic: Running TD on Plasma or LCD  (Read 4275 times)

Jarmy

• Maybe poker's not your game.....
    • View Profile
Running TD on Plasma or LCD
« on: August 22, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »
I am in the process of building a poker room in my bonus room.  I am a long time user of TD and was wondering how to use this in conjunction with plasma or LCD TV's.  I am pretty sure that I am going to put a TV in each corner of my room and I wanted to make sure I ran the correct cables before installing the drywall so I can display TD on them.  I have read some posts in this forum that talks about using a monitor splitter/extender and monitor cables.  Do all newer plasma and LCD TV's have the correct connections on the back of them?  Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!   ;D

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
Re: Running TD on Plasma or LCD
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:32:27 PM »
I would recommend searching for an audio-video forum. They would be able to give you all the options available.

Travis

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:28:30 PM »
Most Plasma's and LCD do have standard VGA monitor and DVI inputs.  However, you'll need a video signal splitter if you are using multiple TV's with one PC.  Something like this:  http://www.networktechinc.com/vsplt-pc.html#

Good luck!
The man, the myth, the moose!

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:59:09 PM »
I got one of the Cables To Go VGA monitor splitters from global computing:

They still have them. and they are fairly cheap:

4-port unit is something like $60 and sometimes they offer a rebate.  If you want to extend sound to the monitors then you need to get the one with audio as well (closer to $90).

They work quite well and extend the video signal range (supposedly to 200 ft).

http://www.globalcomputer.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=485823&CatId=317

They used to have a less expensive 2-port splitter, but I would get a 4-port for flexibility (although you can daisy chain them).

If you are going to use the s-video option, then I am not sure what kind of splitter is available for that or the advantages or disadvantages of going this route.

pmcotter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 02:42:11 PM »
I hook my laptop up with an S-video cable.  Most TV's and laptops have S-video connections these days.  For sound we hook up the laptop to a portable PA that we already use for announcements.

lukechris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 06:47:53 AM »
pmcotter, that what i do only into my tv instead

Luke
Luke, 2007