Author Topic: Very minor spelling error  (Read 4347 times)

Vulch

• View Profile
Very minor spelling error
« on: January 23, 2007, 03:35:52 AM »
Corey

Version 2.2.2

This is very trivial, but I sense you are a perfectionist and would want to know (if this hasn't been pointed out already),
when you hit "exit" from the game tab the dialogue box says "Are you sure you want quit?"
The word "to" is missing between want and quit.

After much deliberation I upgraded from the free version to the latest pay version a few months ago, mainly for the built in chip calculator.  Since then I have never regretted the very small fee.  In fact I love playing with the Director nearly as much as playing poker!  Tweaking the setup and learning new features is a constant source of amusement (I know, I need to get out more).  Thanks for all your efforts, I hope you have got the financial reccognition you deserve for all this work.

Phil Everitt
England

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: Very minor spelling error
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:42:43 AM »
Pretty funny,

Have used this version since it was released and have seen that pop-up countless times and never noticed that  :).

But I agree re: enjoying the program and tweaking it.  It all seems to make the poker tourneys more fun for me (as the permanent dealer I appreciate the assistance it provides me).  I frequently get comments on the program.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:51:58 AM »
WHAT?!  Wow... you're right.  Dang it.

Actually, you're right on another account, I am a perfectionist, at least when it comes to this type of thing.  Using other applications, when I see something as simple (and admittedly trivial) as spelling mistakes, I think, wow, if that got by, what other kind of stuff (ie, bugs) got by?  So I try to make sure little things like spelling are taken care of.

On that same note, I'm nearly through externalizing all of the text of the software.  Got about 15000 lines of code left to complete (out of about 115,000).  There are over 3000 individual "messages" in this program.  There will probably be a few spelling mistakes in there...

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 04:37:42 PM »
Wow...boy I never noticed that either...