Author Topic: displaying points during tourney  (Read 3635 times)

tandemrx

• View Profile
displaying points during tourney
« on: November 12, 2006, 09:25:14 AM »
Trying to set up a rankings page (don't want to use the system player rank page because I want to add blinds to the screen).

I can set up a rankings cell, but I would like to display as well the points people were awarded based on my points for playing formula.

I know that the "rankings" token does not display points, but can I make a cell that would show the points for a player (maybe I could line it up with the columns and rows of the rankings token).

Thanks.

(I assume there is no way to stick the system player rank page within a cell?!?!  that would be nice, since it would then scroll the players as well - feature request!).

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: displaying points during tourney
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:47:44 PM »
bump,

somebody must do this.  I swear that I have seen it on a layout on this forum somewhere, but can't find it.

Would like to set it up for a tourney this weekend.

There is a "points for playing" token, but I haven't figured out what that one does yet other than calculates the points for a particular position that WOULD occur.

I would like to show the points that people got as they have busted out to add to the rankings info.

Thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:03:04 PM »
The <pointsforplaying> does exactly what you describe - calculates the points that will be awarded to players achieving those ranks.  To accomplish what you want, the <rankings> token needs to be extended to include the points awarded to the player.  In for the next version.

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:07:12 PM »
w00h00 !!  :o  ;D

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »
So I guess I am understanding from you post Corey that there is not a way currently to show points a busted out player actually received while the game is going?

Only thing I wonder is how you get this to show up on the player rankings page since it is an option on that page and it does work there.

I would love the idea for the future version for actual points to be included on the rankings token, but still seems like there would be a way to currently display it now since it does show up on the player rankings page - of course, you would be the guy to know :).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:22:50 PM by tandemrx »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 02:37:27 PM »
Yes, there is no way to show the points a busted out player received except by displaying the Rankings page [currently].  I understand it seems sort of screwy that the Rankings page has so many options, yet the <rankings> token doesn't, but I can't really justify why without getting very technical.  I'll just make the statement that the two are very different, and for good reason.  Updating one with a new feature doesn't mean the other will have it.  They are 2 very different beasts and they always will be.

That being said, I did update the <rankings> token to have 2 new attributes, "showWinnings" and "showPoints".  This change will be included in the next version.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 03:05:03 PM »
thanks a bunch Corey.  Kinda figured it might start getting complicated.  I can certainly wait for the next version.

I will just display the player ranking page as one of the screen sets.  It won't have the blind amounts on it, but I just won't display it that long.

And you would think people could remember the blinds for 20 seconds, but with newbies and a couple of tables going I am thankful that I have TD to remind people. :)

And the showwinnings option on the rankings token is a great idea as well.  Didn't even think of that, but I will use it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 10:37:28 AM »
By the way, the <prizes> token will display players, winnings, and points, but of course only for those who win prizes...  Just FYI.

britnt7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 12:02:37 PM »
I will just display the player ranking page as one of the screen sets.  It won't have the blind amounts on it, but I just won't display it that long.

Can you currently put the amount of points earned when a player busts out on the player ranking page?

This would help out a lot.

Thanks,
Tim

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 12:25:50 PM »
yes, go to the properties tab (right click) on the player rankings page.

choose "edit column"

Choose "points" for a column (move it from the right hand side over to the other side).

You can also add hitman and many other things.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 03:07:37 PM »
This sounds like some Great stuff - 2 questions...

1) will you be able to view not only the points accured that tourney but the total points going so far back?

2) how long before the next release? If this question is inapropiate i appologize

Keith Huggins

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 04:32:35 PM »
1) Sorry, no, only information for the current tournament can be displayed.  I think someone once worked around this by exporting the Stats to an HTML page (there is an option to do this on the Stats tab), and then referencing the exported HTML page using a Rules token.  Place that token in a cell on the Tournament page and you've got accumulated points.

2) Unknown at this point.  Sorry.