Author Topic: points problem  (Read 1730 times)

tandemrx

• View Profile
points problem
« on: November 27, 2006, 12:44:08 PM »
O.K., unusual problem.

Here is my "points for playing" formula: (n-r+2) + if( r= 1,3,0) + if(r = 2,2,0) + if(r = 3,1,0) - nr - 0.5*na + 0.5*nh

Essentially, start with 2 points, 1 extra point for each step up the ladder, top 3 places get 3, 2, and 1 extra points.  lose a point for rebuy, lose 0.5 points for add-on, gain 1 point for each hit.

When I test this for my first place finisher who had 5 hits (11 players) it appropriately spits out 17.5 points.

On the player rankings page it gives him 37.5 points.

2nd place person got 27.5 points, 3rd place got 23.5 (also wrong, should both have 13.5 points [2nd place had 1 hit, 3rd had 5]).  Again, the test button for these people works as it should.

everybody else got the correct points.

What is going on?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: points problem
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:06:32 PM »
Are you sure your prizes don't have point values?  I just tried the scenario you described and the points come out as you expected them to (17.5 for 1st, etc)

The Stats tab has a feature that will show where a player acquired their points and cash.  I'm going to extend this to work on the Players tab, too.  Seems like you could have cleared this up really quickly if the TD just showed you from where the points had been accumulated.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 03:03:31 PM »
Gosh darn it - only place I didn't think to look and that was it.

Is that a default thing to have points in the prize area?  (or maybe at some point while I was futzing with the tourney I put those in there - although I have no memory of that  - of course my memory is in serious question most of the time :-).

Thanks Corey - I forgot that one can assign points with prizes so I never thought to look there.

All is well.

(and one guy was so enamered with TD at my tourney this past weekend that I am sure he will purchase it - he was shocked at the price for such a feature rich program, but I told him the best thing is that if no one on the forum has an answer for a question or problem that more often than not the developer will chime in)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 03:13:06 PM »
Prizes don't have default point values, and the included configurations for suggested and automatic prizes don't have points values either.  So, it must have been you.  :)