Author Topic: Windows cannot find  (Read 817 times)

Wick

• View Profile
Windows cannot find
« on: January 19, 2018, 04:12:24 PM »
Full error message:

c:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 3\TD.exe

Windows cannot find 'c:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 3\TD.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and they try again.

The user account i am logged in is an administrator. This is the only application i am having this issue with. I dl the installer and i get the same msg but with the installer file name.

I have tried google to see what might be causing the issue, but no luck. I even created a new admin account. I had boot in safe mode to create the account. And i could run TD in safe mode.

Any ideas?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows cannot find
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:59:40 PM »
Sounds like the application may have been deleted, and not uninstalled, leaving the shortcut on your desktop or start menu.  Have you tried installing again?  What version of Windows are you running?

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 04:40:31 AM »
Also check that your Anti-Virus (I assume you are using some!  ;) ) is up-to date and hasn't quarantined the TD.exe file!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »
Good point.  Many anti-virus packages have recently detected the TD.exe file as having a virus (false positive!  there's no infection!), so it's certainly possible it was quarantined.