Author Topic: MacBook Pro, VMFusion, TD 3.3  (Read 1246 times)

Jabelliker

• View Profile
MacBook Pro, VMFusion, TD 3.3
« on: January 25, 2015, 09:47:59 PM »
Hoping another user with the same setup might help...

I have a MacBook Pro with a 15" Retina display running OS X... I installed Windows 8.1 through a VMFusion 7 shell.

I'm having difficulty reading some of the text on the settings screens because the display font is just too small.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this issue?

I'm posting this from my phone, but when I get home I'll try to post a picture of the problem.

Thanks for any help!

JD

Jabelliker

• View Profile
Re: MacBook Pro, VMFusion, TD 3.3
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:58:04 PM »
Here's what the text looks like.... I've taken a screen shot and attached it to this reply as a file. Hope it works...

If you are able to view the file, is there a setting in Windows, or within TD itself that I can use to change how this font is displayed?

Jabelliker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 04:48:45 PM »
Just in case anyone ever runs into this, I was able to solve the problem...

I tried to change screen resolution multiple times from within Windows 8.1 without success... I then found  VMFusion had a default setting ("Use Best Resolution for Retina Display"). This was accessible from a "wrench" tool on the top of my Windows 8.1 window. When I clicked the "wrench" I found a "display" object that I clicked and unselected the "Best Resolution for Retina Display"...

Everything is working fine now!

Thanks anyway.

JD

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 10:25:09 PM »
If you want to know more about the underlying problem, take a look at this topic: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4953.0

Bottom line: the TD was designed for a small font.  Displays now have much higher resolutions, making small fonts hard to impossible to read.  The next version of the TD will have an overhauled UI allowing the font size to be changed.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 03:06:52 PM »
Glad to hear that, Corey!