Author Topic: Price indication  (Read 1214 times)

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
Price indication
« on: June 03, 2018, 04:13:35 AM »
Hi Folks
what should I do that instead of 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place only 1,2,3, ..... is displayed

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Price indication
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 08:11:03 PM »
Where is it displayed?

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 05:02:55 AM »
sorry for my bad English 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 11:01:16 AM »
So, I'm a little confused.  I can't tell if you want 1st, 2nd, 3rd displayed, or you want just 1, 2, 3 displayed.

And honestly, I'm not sure how you got it to display the way you did in your screen show: 1P: 243€   2P: 145€   3P: 87€   4P: 58€...

I assume the layout is using the <prizes orient="horizontal"> token to display those prizes.  And frankly the token doesn't have any provisions for displaying the ranking differently.  How are you displaying it that way?  Could you share your layout?  Or at least the contents of that cell?

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 05:56:35 PM »
Sorry for my bad explanation, as you can see I have changed it  manually, I want to know if there is a possibility to do it automatically.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 10:31:18 PM »
Oh, sorry, I was thinking the ranking was coming from the <prizes> token, but it actually comes from the prize itself.

The prizes automatically fill in the name of the prize with its corresponding ordinal ranking (1st, 2nd, 3rd).  If you create a prize with a ranking of 1, the Name of th.  Ordinal ranking is different in different languages, and the algorithm changes for different languages, so it isn't as straightforward as adding a new language file.  Instead code computing the ordinal ranking has to be added.  Currently the software supports ordinal rankings for English and Swedish (because someone requested Swedish and told me how it works).

English is fairly straightforward: except for 11, 12, and 13, any number ending in 1 gets the suffix "st", 2 gets the suffix "nd", and 3 gets the suffix "rd".  Every other number gets "th".

Swedish is similar: except for 11 and 12, any number ending in 1 or 2 gets the suffix ":a".  Every other number gets ":e".

But those two are the only languages currently coded into the application.

Sorry, for a non-English speaker the text I wrote is probably not easy to understand, but I hope I got my message across.  I would happily add other languages.  I realize it won't help you today, but if you would like an additional language added, let me know.  I might need help.  :)