Author Topic: New Tournament  (Read 2351 times)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
New Tournament
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:23:06 AM »
Not a big one, but was thinking how easy a new tournament is to set up on cardroom magic.  You select new and then specify the structure, prizes, entry amounts etc from drop down menus, once complete you click create and it then has already set-up the tournament and you are ready to begin registration, obviously with TD3 you would probably need an option to use <none> or <existing> on each drop down. would something like this be achievable on TD3?

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: New Tournament
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »
Not a big one, but was thinking how easy a new tournament is to set up on cardroom magic.  You select new and then specify the structure, prizes, entry amounts etc from drop down menus, once complete you click create and it then has already set-up the tournament and you are ready to begin registration, obviously with TD3 you would probably need an option to use <none> or <existing> on each drop down. would something like this be achievable on TD3?

Regards
Stuart
Hi Stu,
Your right, the cardroom magic is easy to set up. And many thanks for originally posting it.
What i have done is make different templates for each type of game.
Freezeout - Deepstack and League games
Rebuys and add- ons - (both limited and unlimited)
Late entries with 1 rebuy
Rebuy and/or Add on etc

and this way you can set everything up and know what you will be getting. Alter the Layouts to suit the type of game your running
Haven't set up any Omaha or other variations as i dont get much call for them
I have made the templates "read only" so you cant accidentally overwrite them

As an aside. I save different templates in separate folders, usually the name of the venue, PUB 1, PUB 2 etc
Then any saves that I make for a particular tournament are all saved in the appropriate venue's folder

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:19:15 PM by Mahound »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
Would you mind posting a screenshot or 2?

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:24:15 AM »
Working on that one Corey, should be able to get them this weekend if not before.

I'll photograph as much of CRM as possible for you so you can really get an understanding of it.

Stu
Stuart Murray

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:11:11 AM »
Some screenshots of CRM now duly attached, apologies for some of them being a bit blurry, we were having a rush of a day!

Stu
Stuart Murray