Author Topic: Suggestion - different table size for startup vs. collapse  (Read 3338 times)

TheCOG

Suggestion - different table size for startup vs. collapse
« on: October 08, 2006, 12:15:20 PM »
We have 2-table tourneys, but since we invariably have one or two same-day cancellations, like airlines we typically will overbook the tourney by allowing 21 or 22 registrants.

If everyone does show up, we're a bit squeezed at the tables at the beginning, but that's okay.  What we would like, however, would be to be able to start the tourney allowing a higher number of players at a table (e.g. 11 or 12), but not collapse down to one table until we have just 10 players left.

Thanks, Carl.

CruiseLite

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion - different table size for startup vs. collapse
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »
I think you can just configure each table to be 11 or 12 (that would be tight  :)) players to start then change it to the number you want as you lose the first few players???

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 10:57:45 AM »
Yep, I would probably adjust the number of seats at the table after the first couple of people bust out.

korinkinchen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 02:49:59 PM »
Here COG,

Create three tables.  Name one of them "FINAL TABLE" and designate as such with 10 seats. The other two with 12 seats.  When the seating is suggested it will fill tables large enough to equally balance out the players prior to start of tourney.  If there is any problem, notify.

Kit

britnt7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 11:04:04 AM »
Corey,

I haven't downloaded and tested 2.2 (currently using 2.0) but wasn't a feature added to make a seat unavailable? Once a few people busted out, couldn't you just make a few seats unavailable so the tables won't collapse until there are 10 people remaining?

I plan to download the new version next week once my league is over and use the new version for the next one.

Thanks,
Tim

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 11:30:28 AM »
Yep, that's an alternative solution.  Soon as one of the "extra" players busts out, mark the seat unavailable.

TheCOG

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 03:17:38 PM »
I was hoping for a more automated solution, since it means I'd have to do the bustouts myself on the computer (the others know enough to hit the shortcut key to knock a player out, but that's about it).

Nonetheless, this solution sounds like it would work.  Thanks, Tim.

Cheers, Carl.