Author Topic: column properties  (Read 3175 times)

tandemrx

• View Profile
column properties
« on: February 27, 2006, 10:44:53 AM »
When I select a column and right click to get "column properties" it gives me the option to add a border around a column.  So I click that I want say a bottom border, define the color and width and click "apply".

The border properties don't seem to stick.  I do not get a border and if I right click on that column properties again it does not list my previous selections.

Any help here?

_Hithere_

• View Profile
Re: column properties
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:34:11 PM »
There appears to be some issue with the "apply" button on column or row properties.  I just click "OK" instead whenever I make a change to these, and the settings seem to take just fine.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 08:47:26 AM »
Thanks HiThere,

It does seem to work to just click "O.K." instead of "apply".  My bottom row border doesn't show up when I tried to test it, but I think that is just because the row is "off the screen" because my layout is too big (that is a rather bizarre quirk in the program - if you set the fonts to be fairly large it seems to shift columns/rows partially off the screen and doesn't allow scrolling to see that you have done this - sometimes I have increased a font size and didn't notice that part of my text was off the screen).

Anyway,  thanks,

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 04:50:28 PM »
The scrolling bars are intentionally not there, because they would tend to take up screen real estate even when they weren't needed.  Besides, who wants scroll bars on their main display?  But I do see your point.  The best thing to do is use the "Auto size screen" option on the Tournament page.  This will reduce elements until everything fits on the screen, or increase the size of elements if everything already fits.  Either way, when it's done it will tell you if it was successful in fitting everything on the screen, and you'll know whether or not you've got elements of your layout that lie off of the physical display area.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 06:16:25 PM »
Thanks Corey,

I didn't know about the screen resize thing (I totally agree that scroll bars would not be beneficial - it is just what I expected when elements went off the screen - it should be the way you set it up though).