Author Topic: Is there a way to assign points to a non Buy-in player?  (Read 2717 times)

drew212f

• View Profile
Is there a way to assign points to a non Buy-in player?
« on: January 26, 2007, 02:09:24 AM »
My league is rotating the duty of TD each week from volunteers. We want to manually assign points to the TD for that week without them buying in so they aren't losing out on possible points (helps get volunteers also). I've tried to use the override in the prize section and select their name, but there is an asterisk in the prize status screen and points don't seem to be awarded the selected player who didn't buy-in.

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
Re: Is there a way to assign points to a non Buy-in player?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:54:08 AM »
Could you just buy them in for $0?

The man, the myth, the moose!

drew212f

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
Tried it but then the TD is an actual player and has to be busted out of the game, this changes their stats and the stats of the other players.
The only thing I can think of doing is assigning the TD 10 points the next game they play in.

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
So the TD does actually play?  If that's the case, I think you would just have to do as you said: add points to their score next time.
The man, the myth, the moose!

drew212f

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 12:47:12 PM »
Yeah we all play in the league but like having a dedicated TD so the game runs smoothly. I tried handling the duties and playing but it was way too much.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »
You can adjust a player's points who is not bought-in to the tournament, and as you noted, it will still show up as $0.  The * denotes that the amount was manually adjusted, by the way.

The program COULD display the adjusted points on the Players tab for the non-bought-in player, but it doesn't because players who have not bought-in to a tournament are not included in the Stats.  So you'd have a disconnect.  Some player who has not bought-in might show -10 points (for not showing up, for example) on the Players tab, but when you ran the Stats, that -10 would not be included in the players statistics.

drew212f

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 03:17:33 PM »
Some player who has not bought-in might show -10 points (for not showing up, for example) on the Players tab, but when you ran the Stats, that -10 would not be included in the players statistics.
Exactly.
BTW Great product.

PPPanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 02:04:20 AM »
would i be wrong to think that you could go back to a tourny that this player has already played and adjust his points there then resave the tourny?  This change should then show up in the stats and also not effect his rank etc because you never added him to a fake or other tourny that he was not a part of and busted him out.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 11:23:28 AM »
FYI, this is in for the next release.  Points and Cash adjustments will show up on the Players tab and in the Stats, even for players who have not bought-in.